17: Confrontation

Dante's POV

What?!

I sit there staring at my father who looks annoyed at my expression while my mother looks worried.

"What do you mean she killed him?"

"I mean she murdered him in your kitchen."

"No. That can't be right. She may be little crazy- it's one of the things that I love most about her- but she'd never kill anybody." I say shaking my head at my father's accusation.

"So you're calling me a liar?" My father asked menacingly across from me.

"Of course not sir. I'm just saying that I know her. And I would know whether or not she's a killer."

"Well you obviously don't know your little girlfriend as well as you think you do." He grunted before walking out of the kitchen.

I could only sit at the island silently with my mother rubbing my shoulder trying to process this new information.

Apart of me is utterly confused and pissed off because now I have to deal with the whole Esposito family on my ass. But the other is thoroughly intrigued by this new information. And I'd be lying if I said the thought of her killing someone didn't make my dick strain against my pants.

"You ok fils?" My mother asks concerned.

"Yes Maman."

And I am. Though I have a lot of questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mari's POV

I'm in another car with with some other driver because Dante texted me that he and Alex had to handle some "club business". Hopefully when I get to his house I won't have to deal with the bullshit I dealt with last night.

When I get dropped off to the house, I head to Dante's room for a one of the bathing suits and cover ups I left at his house and head to the pool.

I dropped my cover up and laid face down on one of the lounging chairs. I grabbed my phone and set a timer for 1 hour because I didnt wanna stay out here too long. It may have only been 79°F but I wasn't tryna burn out here.

I don't know how long I stayed out here but at some point just when I'm starting to doze off I feel someone watching me. Not knowing if I'm gon run into some bullshit last time I had uninvited guests I reach out into my bun and pick out my throwing knife.

Before I can throw it someone grabs my wrist and lifts me up. When I look up to see who grabbed me I'm met with a smug ass grin.

"Hey there tiger." Dante says letting my wrist go and putting me on his lap.

"Hey. You can't be just sneakin up inna bitch like that. I was ready to kill yo ass." I say putting my knife back in my hair and planting a long kiss on his lips.

"Were you now?" he asked trailing his kiss all the way down my neck and I was so lost in him I almost didnt hear what he said next, "Like you killed my guard?" well shit.

I'm so so sorry for the like.... 2 month delay🤦🏽‍♀️ if you saw my comment on the last chapter you'd know that these past 2 months have been really hard for me, not to mention school just started for me plus I'm in early college so I have barely been having time to read let alone update. But I thought I'd give yall this lil chapter & I might update with another shorter one too. But I hope yall enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for the patience & love on the book. But I just wanted to let yall know that I just started a business where I make & sell lip glosses & hair products & the website is in my bio so plz check it out & share it with others!!