19: Are WE Clear?

Dante's POV

I should've known that she would've inserted herself into the situation. But if I truly didn't think that Mari would be safe then there would've been no way in hell that she would've came with me.

Ha, that's funny. I actually thought that I would've been able to stop her.

We're on our way to the warehouse and I can't help but be a little nervous. I never thought that she'd be pulled into this side of my life this soon. But seeing how she killed Ciro I feel that she can more than handle herself.

A little more than 30 minutes go by when we finally pull up in front of the warehouse. One of the many men that I have posted around the building come around the car to open up my door.

Once I get out I make my way around to open Mari's.

"Aw, babe you never let me forget that chivalry isn't dead." She teased leaving a peck on my lips.

"Anything for you sweetheart."

"Ok, so what are we here for?" she asks rubbing her hands together.

Deciding now was as good a time as any to stop any thoughts she has about helping me, I block her path and place my hands on her shoulders, levelig my eyes with hers.

"Mari, we aren't here for anything. I have to handle something, and while I do that you will wait in my office."

I expect her to get mad at me and yell at e about how I'm crazy if I think she's not helping, but all I get is a laugh in return as she shoves me aside and heads into the warehouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After coming to the conclusion that I have no control on whether she comes or not, we head through the wide space filled with my men and cargo crates and I get a call from Alessandro.

"Hey boss, you here yet?"

"Yeah, you with him?"

"Yes, but he's getting pretty impatient boss and I don't know if I can calm him down anymore."

"Ok, take him to my office. I'll be up there shortly."

"Will do."

Heading up the stairs of the flat like warehouse with my hand on the small of Mari's back I head to my office where the sound of someone yelling grows louder.

"Does it look like I give a s***?! I want to speak to Ramono and I want to speak to him now!"

"Well here I am," I say in the doorway suprising the man.

"Good, because I need to speak to you. My son was murdered under your supervision. And when I asked around the team he was assigned to, no one would talk to me." The man speaks. It seems as if he just now notices Mari by the look of disgust that suddenly marrs his face.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear about your son Mr. Esposito, I suggest you fix your face when looking at my woman."

Making my way to my seat with Mari's hand in mines, I sit down and pull her into my lap, ignoring the smug smirk on Alessandro's face.

"Now, I was only recently informed of your son's untimely and oh so unfotunate death, so I have no information about how and when it happened that I can reveal right now." I deadpan.

"What do you mean you don't know anything? This is your mafia! Nothing should go on around here that you don't know about! When your father was running-"

"Well he's not running things anymore now is he?" Mari asks flatly, surprising everyone in the room.

"I wasn't talking to you, and it'd be in your best interest to watch who you're talking to little girl."