Kamado Tanjiro

Requested by @Yuix2s. Sorry that I did forgot to write some of your request. Hope you like this version.

———

You were only a normal citizen in Japan, living in fear of the demon that lurking all around the country. You had always stay at your home most of the time as per your mother's advice. She would be the one who carry the water for the both of you and always cooked you delicious meal. You had the best life you could ask for.

However, you were left alone when your mother became the victim of the unruly demon.

You did not have time to grief. You needed to live so all your mother's effort won't go to naught. You carried the water and cooked yourself your meal until you reach 15 years old. It has been almost eight years since then.

One night, while you were just finished preparing dinner and to eat, you were greeted by a knock on the door. You were scared, of course. It has been years since anyone would come around dark time. Plus, no one dares to stay outside during this time.

So you slowly went to the front door, and as you opened the door slowly, a head popped up with such innocent pair of eyes.

The boy had a short, red hair and a bamboo over his mouth. His eyes were the same as any other demons that made you froze to your feet when you finally recognized them. However, another voice caught your attention.

"Nii-san, don't just go to someone's face like that." a soft voice came from behind him and it was a girl that had a black hair that ended with pink. She had her hair in high ponytail and you don't recognize the uniform she wore. It seemed like a uniform but not a police or anything.

"Sorry ! Can we stay here overnight ? You know how scary the outside world during night time, right ?" she asked politely, scratching the back of her hair as she was embarrassed to ask to stay all of sudden. Your eyes fell to the boy who kept staring at you.

"W-Why do you have a demon with you ?" You stuttered, and the girl saw how you were getting frightened.

"Don't worry ! He sees human as his family." Your eyes averted to the little sister who smiled so huge with her pink eyes. She seems convincing. Hesitated, you opened the door wider. You saw the relief look on the girl.

"Thank you !" she said.

You and the girl sat across each other while the demon boy sat at the other side next to you, he won't stop looking at you which give you the creep.

"My name is Kamado Nezuko, and this is my older brother, Kamado Tanjiro. He was turned into a demon when our family was massacred." You noticed the strain in Nezuko's look when she mentioned her family. You had the same frown as well, remembering your only family member who got killed by the demon as well. You turned to look at Tanjiro again and he looked tired.

"I lost someone too, I understand." You told her and Nezuko eyes softened looking at you.

"(L/n)-san, I've been in charged to patrol here and as you can see, Tanjiro is exhausted and he need to sleep to conserve his energy." You clenched your kimono thinking of having a demon next to you. You had always personally despised demon, and having a demon next to you, you felt both afraid and fright.

"He needs to sleep for energy and not meals, that's how demon works, unless you give him human flesh." Nezuko continued, and you stared at Tanjiro who were rocking to sleep and he fell onto you. You were shocked when he was already snoring on top of you. He seemed so innocent, as if he could never hurt anybody.