12

"Baby, please talk to me?" Sam asked Colby, who was clinging to him like a koala.

Colby just kept his face buried in the crook of Sam's neck, sniffling quietly now and then as he sucked on his pacifier. Sam carried him back and forth around the living room, rubbing his back and running his fingers through his hair. It was now almost 11 pm and Colby hadn't said a word since the party. He was too deep into little space to talk about it, not that he would want to even if he was big. 

When they got home from the party, Sam had changed him into a diaper and a blue hoodie with Sully from Monsters Inc on it. He refused to leave Sam's side, and Sam had told Jake to go to bed when he noticed how tired he seemed. So they were alone, Sam trying to get the little into an older headspace so he would at least talk to him. 'Maybe he needs a few minutes to think by himself..' Sam thought as he walked towards the couch. 

"Here baby, wait right here. Daddy's just gonna go use the bathroom really quick." He said as he placed the little down onto the couch and turned away.

Colby immediately let out a loud whine and made aggressive grabby hands at his caregiver as his eyes filled with tears. Sam sighed and picked him back up.

"Please, just let me put you down for a couple minutes okay? I promise I'll be right back." Sam said, gently rocking Colby back and forth.

The little shook his head vigorously and buried his face back in Sam's neck, letting out a barely audible "No."

Well, at least he's talking. Sam sat down and placed Colby on his lap, gently tilting the younger's head up.

"Hey, that's an improvement." Colby just pouted silently at him behind his pacifier as he looked at the older. 

Sam sighed again. "Why don't you eat something, yeah? I'll get you a snack if you let me put you down."

The little shook his head again, mumbling softly. "M' not hungy, dada."

"How about a drink then?" Sam asked, gently caressing Colby's cheek. "A bottle of apple juice?" 

Colby thought silently for a minute or so before hesitantly nodding his head. "Otay.."

The caregiver smiled softly and nodded, kissing Colby's cheek. He stood up and placed him down on the couch, turning the tv on to a random cartoon to entertain him until the bottle was made. 

"Daddy'll be right back, promise." Sam kissed the top of Colby's head before walking to the kitchen.

Colby pouted as he watched him walk away, sighing and turning to watch the cartoons once his daddy was out of sight. Sam managed to sneak and use the bathroom before going back to the kitchen. He got a bottle with Chase from Paw Patrol on it and filled it with apple juice, taking it to the living room with him afterward. Colby was tired and pretty into the cartoon he was watching, so he didn't even notice that the blonde had come back into the room until he was standing right beside the couch. The younger gasped and looked up at Sam, making grabby hands at him. Sam chuckled softly and turned the tv off before picking Colby up.

"I'm guessing you don't wanna sleep in the nursery tonight?" The little quickly shook his head in response to that. 

He carried him to the bedroom and gently laid him down on the bed. Colby spit out his pacifier and reached for the bottle. Sam smiled softly and handed the bottle to him. Colby reached for him with his other hand. 

"Cuddles?" 

Sam nodded and picked up Colby's pacifier, placing it on the nightstand. "Just let me change first."

"Otays." The brunette said tiredly as he crawled underneath the bedsheets.

The older quickly took off his t-shirt and jeans, slipping into a pair of Never Normal joggers before turning the light off and getting into the bed with his little. Colby immediately buried his face into Sam's chest as he sucked on the bottle, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. Sam smiled and ran his hands through the younger's hair. Colby had fallen asleep by the time he had finished his juice, so Sam carefully removed the bottle from his mouth. He placed the empty bottle on the nightstand and put the blue pacifier back into his baby's mouth before going to sleep too.