Human!Beetlejuice x Singer!Reader ❤️

(Just for some background, it's around the 14th century. Also, the song that Y/N sings is the one at the top! I recommend listening to it when you read her singing.)

Y/N grinned at the children huddled in front of her. They gathered at her feet every day, eagerly awaiting her melodious voice. Y/N took and deep breath and cleared her throat.

"Look who we have here!" She mock-gasped at the children. "Esmerelda, Darrien, It's lovely to see you here again!" She waved at the two children, hey long dress whipping around her heels.

The two children grinned and squealed with happiness that she had mentioned them. The children were all extremely excited to hear her sing, again. She crouched down to their level and they began to request songs, one after another until Y/N had decided upon one.

"Soldier, Poet, King, it is!" She beamed, standing back up and brushing off her dress.

The children squealed in excitement as she began to psych herself up.

Y/N closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before looking over at the quartet to begin playing the music. (Start playing the music now)

As they began, Y/N hummed along, waiting for the moment that she has to jump in. She twirled around and tapped her feet, holding her skirt with her hands. She looked majestic. Her movement was so fluid; her hair flowed in the wind. She spun and waved her arms around in beat to the music.

"There will come a soldier, Who carries a mighty sword," She began, her voice was as smooth as honey, attracting the attention of all surrounding villagers. One villager, in particular, had stopped to observe her.

"He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord," She continued, tapping her feet and spinning. She gestured to the children, making them giggle and grin. Little did she know that the neighbourhood scoundrel had stopped mid robbery; captivated yet again, by her beauty.

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord," She sang, the other villagers and children joining in. He stared at her, his eyes taking in every inch of her body; his ears taking in the deepest depths of her voice.

"He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord," they all sang, growing increasingly more enthusiastic. The man, stuck to the shadows in the back, clutching the mound of apples he had just stolen.

"There will come a poet, Whose weapon is his word," She brushed her hand through her hair, shaking it out and crouching down slightly to boop a child's nose.

The child giggled and ran to tell his friends what had happened.

"He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord," Tapping her feet on the ground and prancing around her small stage, she waved to a few children as she danced, knowing that it would make their day. The man grinned at her, 'Ever the kind, our Y/N.' He thought, finding himself unable to stop his staring.

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord," The crowd began to cheer and their conjoined voices grew louder as they joined her in singing the chorus.

"He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord," Soloing once again, Y/N swept her hands through the air; it was as if something old and wise was speaking through her movement; it seemed like it meant more than simply dancing. She told a story through her movement, nothing was set in stone, she moved her body in whatever way it wanted to move.

"There will come a ruler, Whose brow is laid in thorn." She chimed, beginning the last verse of the song. As she spun, she locked eyes with a hooded man at the back of the crowd. She grinned, her eyes narrowing at the fullness of her smile.

"Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord," She sang it to the crowd, but when her eyes were staring so deeply into his soul, it felt like it was just for him. He met her gaze and winked at her.

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord," The crowd sang, the man joined in, his eyes never leaving hers. Y/N blushed and broke eye contact with him.

"Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord," Y/N gestured for the children to dance with her, knowing that the song would soon come to an end. They happily obliged, crossing the invisible line that separated Y/N from the crowd.

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord, He will tear your city down, o lei o lai, Ohh..." She concluded her part, leaving the villagers to continue until the song finished. She danced around the children, the little girls dancing while holding onto the sides of their dresses and the little boys occasionally tipping their hats.

When Y/N looked back at the man again, he was gone. But she knew where he would be. When the song finally ended, They all cheered, including Y/N, smiles adorning every face Y/N could see. Y/N thanked everyone and quickly made her way out of the back entrance behind the quartet. She hiked up her dress and ran into the woods; Y/N knew the way by heart. She knew that she had finally reached her destination when she was met by the sight of an old looking cabin. She knocked gently, before slowly inching the door open.

"Beej?" She called, closing the door behind her. She pulled a match out of her pocket and lit up a nearby lantern. "Are you here?"

She felt a cold draught and shivered, at that moment her candle blew out. She jumped when she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind.

"I wondered when you'd get here~" His voice was a smooth as silk, his breath warm against her neck.

She grinned and leaned into his strong chest. "The crowd seemed to particularly like that song." Y/N smiled as she said it; Beetlejuice could hear it in her voice. She quickly rounded on him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And what exactly did you steal today, hm?" She questioned, pushing back softly until the backs of his knees met a chair and he fell back.

He yelped quietly at her unexpected dominance. It was completely turning him on.

"Well?" She inquired once again, climbing into his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He regained his composure and placed his hands on her hips. "Apples~" He sang seductively.

She made a sour kind of face. "Apples?" She asked in confusion, her arms dropping from his neck slightly.

"Yeah, for the kids." He continued, enlightening her.

She made an 'O' shape with her mouth, it now clicking.

She and Beetlejuice steal from the rich and give to the children in an orphanage. They both were from this orphanage; it's where they met. The kids in the orphanage are like their family and they love them immensely.

She looked around the room. "Where are the apples now?" Y/N asked, meeting Beetlejuices eyes.

"I already dropped them off." He shrugged.

Y/N pouted, lightly smacking his shoulder. "You know that I would have wanted to come!"

He chuckled, gripping her arm and raising an eyebrow. "I'm sorry. You were too busy dazzling the crowd."

She giggled, leaning down and pressing her lips lightly to his. "Guess it's your turn now, huh?"