Beetlejuice X Lydia's Sister!Reader -Part 2- ❤️

(A/N: I just want to start out by saying that I'm sorry that I haven't updated sooner, I was finishing off a series of books called The Raven Cycle. If anyone else has read or is reading these books, PLEASE DM ME BECAUSE I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH - okay That's all, enjoy the chapter!)

Y/N loved her room. She loved it even more because Lydia had designed it for her. Things still didn't feel right to her though. A house without her mother wasn't exactly a house she wanted to live in - but she'd do it for her little sister.

Now, as she sat on her bed with a book open in her hands, did she realize what her father meant by "Lydia's acting strange." She could hear Lydia talking to someone, but her father was at work, and Y/N was the only person in the house beside Lydia, obviously.

Y/N slowly closed her book and tip-toed to the door. She leaned her ear against the door to see if she could work out who she was speaking to.

"Beej...No I-... Obviously not..."

She only heard bits of the conversation, but she knew that she could hear Lydia's voice. The other voice, however, she had never heard before. She wondered if Lydia was on the phone, but the voice was too loud and present to come from a phone.

Y/N jumped and threw herself away from the door when she heard a knock on it.

"Y/N?" She heard Lydia call. "Can I come in?"

Y/N took a second to recover from the shock before scrambling back into her bed and grabbing her book.

"Y-Yeah!" Y/N replied, trying to level her voice.

Lydia turned the knob and pushed the door open. Upon seeing Y/N she raised her eyebrow.

"Are you okay?" She asked her, walking towards her.

"Yeah! A-Are you?"

Lydia narrowed her eyes and stood next to Y/N. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked. "Because that's not how people read."

Y/N's eyes traveled down to her book. Her upside-down book. Fuck.

"I'm trying out something new," She scrambled. "You know, broadening my literary horizons."

She heard a chuckle from her doorway and her eyes widened. Her head shot up in the direction of the noise and she froze. There was a man standing in her doorway. There was a man in their house. 911?

When Y/N's eyes met his, he froze. He kept staring at her and she kept staring at him. Y/N slowly inched her book off of her lap and pulled Lydia close to her.

"Lydia," She whispered in her little sister ear. "Get my phone on the desk."

Lydia gave her a weird look but did it nonetheless. When Lydia put the phone in Y/N's hand, she called 911.

"Hello, 911-" Lydia and the man both lunged towards Y/N's phone. Lydia grabbed it first and slammed her finger down on the end call button.

As the man got closer to them, Y/N jumped up and stood in front of Lydia. The man stopped and put his hands up in surrender.

"Little help here, Lyds?" He said, looking at the smaller sister.

Lydia managed to push past Y/N and stand next to the man. "Y/N, it's okay, he's my friend!"

Y/N thought that that made the situation worse. "The hell do you mean 'your friend'?" She looked at the man, a hand reached towards Lydia; what has loneliness done to her sister?

"I mean, he's my friend Y/N." She grabbed his arm and held it with both of her hands.

Y/N face slacked. What the fuck was going on?