XIV.

Santiago 'Sin' Martinez

"You give people too many chances." I looked over at Kin and shook my head.

"And you let people talk to you however they want to, so we both got flaws." She retorted.

"Whatever smart mouth ass."

"Can you drive any faster, you're annoying me."

"I'll turn the hell around and leave yo friend where she at."

"Leave me where I'm at too if you gone do that."

"Kindred, man shut the fuck up." I smacked the steering wheel.

I felt her staring at me hard as hell, probably imagining stabbing me but she ain't say shit else.
"We close, did she respond yet?"

"You act like I didn't live here, Sin. No."

I saw her Aunt's building come into view so I pulled over and turned off the car. "You sure you wanna go see her?"

"Here we go again. Yessir, now can we hurry up." She answered, pointing towards the building.

I didn't respond, her attitude was starting to get on my nerves. I started the car back up and headed towards the dark building.

Dani was sitting on the same steps I remember that group of niggas chilling on. She looked out of place and kinda sad sitting there.

"Thanks." Kin mumbled before getting out and slamming the car door shut.

I turned off the car and got out after her, it was too late to be letting these two be out here alone.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" Kindred asked Dani.

Dani started to talk before looking at me. "What the actual fuck, why'd you bring him?"

"I stay with him and he's just here to help too."

"Help who? He's the reason all of this is going on." She started to stand up.

"All what's going on? I haven't done shit to yo clown ass, you need to be thanking me." I looked her up and down, noticed some old bruises starting to fade.

"I see he stopped putting his hands on you."

"Yea because he's missing, I know you and that guy had something to do with it."

I bit my lip to keep from laughing before replying. "Nah Dani, that there is called God. Shit he probably ran off with his boyfriend."

"He not ga–.."

"He is, and when you finally accept that you'll be a step closer to recovery." I cut her off.

"Sin please be quiet, I got this." Kindred gave me a look, so I stepped away to let them talk.

"Dani, what's going on?" Kin asked when she thought I was out of earshot.

I pulled out my phone and pretended to text while I listened to them talk.

"Damon's been missing for almost a week, no contact or anything." She cried.

"Did you ask anyone where he was or if they heard from him?"

"No but you should ask your 'boyfriend', him and his friend wanted him dead so bad."

"If he owed them money, why would they kill him? Then they'd never get their money."

"Also, he's not my boyfriend." Kin looked over at me.

I looked back down at my phone and actually started to send a text.