XXIII

***

"That's way too many jalapeños!" I yelled at Sin as we were working on making our third pizza.

"I like jalapeños, y'all ain't gotta eat my pizza." He laughed.

"It's supposed to be for everybody, unless you gone make a fourth one for them."

"Fine." He huffed like a big ass kid.

I went in the fridge and pulled out some more dough, tomato sauce and cheese. I set all the stuff on the island countertop next to the pizza he was working on. "June said she pulling up so you're on your own."

He looked at me like I was crazy so I gave him a thumbs up. "You got this, the pizzas only need about 20 minutes in the oven."

I left him in the kitchen and went to get the door for June. I open the door and this girl is standing on the porch with a huge teddy bear, an Xbox and controller in her hand.

"You gonna help me?" She asked out of breath, that's when I noticed the stuff bag on the ground beside her.

I laughed and picked up the bag leading her upstairs to my room. "Sin don't mind me in y'all room?"

"This is my room, I don't like sleeping with him, not yet."

"I thought I was gone spending the night on the couch, but I'm sleeping in here with you!"

"I would not make you sleep on no couch, he got another guest bedroom if you want to be by yourself."

"Nope this a girls night in, we gone talk shit all night until we fall asleep."

I started hooking her Xbox up to my TV. "You got fortnite?"

"Of course!" She laughed as she sat on the edge of my bed.

I grabbed the controller from her and pulled my desk chair in front of the tv. I added my account onto her game and signed in.

I was getting ready to hop into a game when a smell blew into the room.

"What the fuck is that smell?" June asked.

I dropped the controller and jumped up, running downstairs with June trailing behind me. "Sin, what are you doing!" I yelled as I stormed into the kitchen.

Him, Ced and Malachi stood at the counter staring at a burnt pizza. You could barely even tell it was a pizza at one point, it looked like a black circle.

"We were playing 2k and..."

"Don't even finish that, I'm never leaving you in the kitchen alone again."

"I didn't mean to, I didn't burn all of them, only two."

"So where the other two?" I asked.

Cedrick and Malachi chuckled as Sin pointed to the top of the stove. I looked and had to keep myself from choking him out, on the stove were two pizzas only half as dark as the one in front of them.

"Sin, we put in all that work and yo ass... Don't ask me to cook for a week." I shook my head at him.

"I'm sorry, I'll order some food." He said as he approached me. Sin put his hand under my chin and lifted my face before kissing me.