XVIII.

Kindred

"You ready to talk?" I asked Dani as I came out of the bathroom, drying my hair with a towel.

"Sure, what's up?" She replied.

"What's your problem?"

"You think you're all that and only care about yourself. You didn't even notice..."

"Notice what?"

"I'm fuckin pregnant and Damon is missing!"

"What? How? I thought you..."

"Yeah I had a miscarriage, but that doesn't stop you from getting pregnant again Kin."

"Isn't Damon dead, June said her baby father died in that car accident."

"Damon ain't her only baby daddy, he's the father of her son not her daughter."

"Did he know you were pregnant again? Maybe that's why he went 'missing'."

"Really? That's your first thought, he ran away?" She asked, agitated.

"No, it's just a suggestion, don't be so pissy." I answered.

"A dumbass suggestion though, he loves me, he wouldn't just leave."

"I'm done giving you tough love and being honest, you don't listen. No one who loves you will hurt you constantly especially after you express to them that they're hurting you." I ranted.

"Well let me learn on my own, Kindred. I'm a grown ass woman." She sighed.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes.

"You need to worry about yourself and take a pregnancy test."

"That's supposed to be funny? You know I can't get pregnant."

"So explain yo funky ass attitude, moodiness and excessive hunger."

"Clearly, it's almost that time of the month."

"Bet you didn't even realize it's been a month since you gave me that same excuse, get your head out of your ass."

I didn't have an argument so I shook my head. "Whatever Dani."

"I just wanted to talk things out and fix things, we've been at each other's necks and it's draining." I added.

"You put yourself and Sin into my situation."

"You put Sin into it when you lied on that man, had me bout to kill the nigga."

"And now you fucking him, huge turn in events."

"Dani, you really fuckin pushing it. I'm the reason it's a rough over your head right now."

"Way to throw shit in my face."

"What?! You really gone play victim right now? You stay being shady dude."

"Maybe I'm angry, jealous or hurt! Ever think about that."

"Jealous of what though?"

"You getting everything you want but it's okay, everything that glitters isn't gold."

"Now what's that supposed to mean?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"That man you sleeping with, yeah he still fucking his ex." She shrugged.

"Wow, you'll say anything to try to get to me."

"Actually no, I followed her on IG to look out for you. She posted videos of him sleeping next to her."