Chapter 24: I Am What He Wants

My hands are on Chris' jacket before I even know what they're doing.

As I pull the collar aside, and yank the sleeves down his arms, I quickly remove the thick fabric that separates his body from mine.

One of his arms wraps around my waist tightly, and I peer up into his green eyes. He stares at me from several inches above, his melancholy gaze saying so much, yet so little all at the same time.

He brings a hand up to brush my hair back from my face, tucking a lock behind my ear. Then, gently lifting my chin up with his fingers, he delicately touches his lips to mine.

It's been so long since I've felt any type of passion in a kiss that his catches me off-guard.

It's beautifully intimate, raw and profound.

My lips move with his, and his tongue slips inside my mouth, creating a new sensation in my lower belly.

Butterflies.

He's given me butterflies, like I'm a hormonal teenager.

The kiss turns a little more intimate as the initial nerves lose their place in our embrace, and suddenly, it's like he can't get enough.

His hands are rough on my body, pulling and tugging at my clothes. I feel my silk skirt being lifted up around my waist, and I welcome the motion, spreading my legs further apart.

My hands find their way to his belt buckle; his hard erection presses against me from beneath his trousers, and my body craves him desperately.

No more crying. No more fawning after a man that doesn't love me anymore.

This moment is all that matters right now.

I feel his fingers graze over my panties as he dips his head down to kiss my shoulder.

I'm grateful for the fact that I wore my favorite pair today; lace and black, with a small, silk bow.

He slips a finger underneath them, and I inhale sharply, his cold extremities somehow leaving a blazing fire behind from his touch.

My body tenses, my hips pushing against his hand as he strokes my clitoris. I look into his beautiful, hazel eyes and bring my lips to his once again.

I love the way he tastes.

Suddenly, he pulls his hand away from my underwear, and wraps his fingers under my thighs. Pushing my body against his, I hug my legs around his waist so as to help him have a better hold on me.

It seems as if he doesn't need the additional help; he's so muscular and strong, that he lifts me with ease and pushes my back against the wall of the elevator so that I'm pinned against him.

As he kisses and sucks my neck, I can't help but be extremely happy in this moment.

Trails of fire are left on my skin, and I'm blissfully incoherent from his mesmerizing touch.

My moans seem to make him even more turned on, and he pushes into me when I mumble his name.

I moan aloud.

"Say my name again, Vanessa," he breathes in my ear, raising goosebumps on my skin.

I shutter, aroused, his name unconsciously tumbling from my lips again.

He groans, and pushes deep into me as I comb my fingers through his hair. Then, he picks up the pace, moving a little faster as we both synchronize our breathing to match the other's.