You Can't Miss Her Forever (Condutor&DjGrooves)

So, I've decided to do this.
I always viewed Conductor and Dj Grooves kinda like her Uncles and Snatcher is basically her Dad but denies it. Also Cooking Cat is her space Mom.
But this is about how Hat Kid already left for her home planet at 9 and Grooves misses her.

EDIT 3/26/20: OMG THANK YOU ALL FOR 1K READS!

Please Enjoy.
............................................................................

(Third POV)

"She's been gone for 4 years, Grooves!" Conductor said.

4 years ago the lil hatted girl that had crashed on their planet had left to go back home. There were a lot of tears on that day. The Conductor and his rival, Dj Grooves, missed her greatly when she finally left in her ship.

She certainly had a impact on both of their lives. Conductor never saw someone who stuck with his short temper so well. And Grooves never had someone he had thought of a child until she came along.

She also helped the birds learn how to get along with each other. As they were once friends when they were younger. But their friendship fell apart. Now, they were kinda just mutual with one another.

So, why was the Conductor's rival crying 4 years after Hat Kid's departure? It was the day she crashed there in the first place, she would be turning 13. And the two directors would always have their own ceremony for her.

Conductor had come to get Grooves so they could start it. But he had walked in on him crying.

"Grooves! The Moon Penguins and Express Owls are waiting for us!" Conductor said.
"I-I know darling, I just miss her." Grooves answered. Not looking at the owl.

Conductor put his hand where his eyes would be and ran his fingers through his feathers. He had this from the penguin countless times. He always missed, Conductor did too. But the Conductor also knew they both would have to get over it.

"Ye' can't miss her forever! She's gone, she's where she belongs, home, Grooves." Conductor tried to reason.
"Why can't you just let me grieve?" Grooves replied.
"She isn't dead, you peck neck! Shouldn't you be happy for her?"

Grooves exhaled loudly and pushed up his glasses closer to his face as he wiped his tears. He always got emotional around this time. He knew it seemed selfish to want her back and dramatic to use the word 'grieve.' But it felt like it. It felt like she was dead. Even though they both knew she was well and alive.

"Of course I'm happy for her. Doesn't mean I miss her any less." Grooves said in lament. He turned to the Conductor, "where do you think she is now, darling?"

Conductor was surprised by the question. He had seen kids grown up, he had two of his own who were now adults and had their own children. He really didn't know how to answer it, it's different with every child.

"I don't know, hopefully somewhere she's happy. She's a teen by now." Conductor said. "Though, for her, being happy has always been easy."

That made Grooves smile too. That was one thing he adored about her, her smile. She could smile and it would light a room like a disco ball. Which is why he always knew it was serious when she was upset. He started to cry again at the memory of her smile.