Battle Of The Birds Epilogue (Conductor Wins)

I was honestly disappointed because Chapter 2 was the only chapter in the game that didn't have like a epilogue after the boss fight. So I wrote one!
This is where the Conductor wins and Dj Grooves confronts him. I'll write one where Grooves wins. Eventually.
...............................................................

(Third POV)

"PECK NECK!"

Conductor's screech was loud as Hat Kid placed the final hit of her umbrella on the eyeless owl. He fell to the ground and Time Piece fell out of his coat.

Hat Kid was frozen. She hadn't killed him, had she?! Here eyes darted up to the crowd of owls as she heard their footsteps in retreat.

"Darling!"

Hat Kid turned to the side and was thrilled to see Dj Grooves there. He hopped down from the side of the basement and ran to the child. When he approached her, he immediately pulled her in for a tight hug. As if he was protecting her. Hat Kid hugged back.

"I should've been here quicker, darling. I-I didn't know that DERANGED bird would tie a bomb to you! I'm sorry." Grooves cried.

Hat Kid was shocked by his reaction. She didn't expect him to feel so guilty, but he didn't nothing wrong! If anything she should thank him for telling her about the Conductor!

So she pulled away from the hug and held on tight to the penguin's forearms, looking him in the eyes.

"No! No! I wouldn't have known the Conductor had my Time Piece if it wasn't for you! None of this is your fault, Grooves!" Hat Kid said.

Grooves was silent for a second. He never had a child speak to him like that.

"Oh yes! Your Time Piece, darling!" Grooves exclaimed.

He held out a protective arm in front of Hat Kid as he slowly reached down and picked up the hourglass. He handed it back to her and she held it close to her chest.

"Thank you." Hat Kid said.

Grooves smiled at her soft and fragile voice. He kneeled down to her level and hugged again. This time, it was more for himself rather than for her. Hat Kid didn't mind the extra hug.

"My pleasure, darling." Grooves answered.

As they hugged, Grooves thought of how he would personally punish the Conductor. He stroked her back and he could hear her panting. She fought quite a fight, just now!

He then let got off her again, but kept knelt down. He gave her a reassuring smile. Hat Kid didn't exactly understand why she was hugged again, but she didn't really care.

"Are you going to be okay, with Conductor?" Hat Kid asked.
"I've dealt with him for basically my entire life, darling. I'll be okay." Grooves answered. He stood back up and stroked the side of her face, "you should get going, before the Conductor wakes back up, darling."

Hat Kid looked kinda sadden at that, and so did Grooves. But she assumed Grooves was probably going to yell and scream at his rival and didn't want her to see it.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later then?" Hat Kid said.
"Yes, darling." Grooves replied.

Just like that she waved at Grooves one last time, before the Time Piece teleported her back to the ship.

Just as the light faded, Grooves heard a groan. He turned and saw the Conductor sit up and hold a hand to his hand.

Grooves looked down at his rival in spite as he saw him pathetically look up at him.

"Grooves?" Conductor groggily ask.

Without answering the Conductor, Grooves raised his heel and kicked the owl in the side, complete in anger. Conductor's body made a bone cracking noise and was pushed to the side a little. He made a small yell in pain.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Grooves screamed.
"OW! A CONCUSSION?!" Conductor answered.
"That's not what I-," he put his flipper on the bridge of his beak, "I'm just going to pretend you didn't say that, darling."

Grooves took a sharp inhaled and looked at the hurt Conductor. The owl was now holding his side and slowly tried to regulate his breathing. The kid certainly did a number on him, effortlessly.

Grooves helplessly saw the Conductor sit up on his knees. Maybe he shouldn't have kicked Conductor that hard. No- he threatened a child with a bomb and a knife!

"Anyways, what was gotten into you, darling?! Harming such a innocent child!" Grooves said.
"I-I don't know, something, came over me." Conductor answered, not looking at his rival.
"Oh don't give me that!"

Conductor snarled underneath his breath, he tried to stand up but wheezed and fell back to his knees

"I know what I did was wrong and I do regret it, but if you're just goin' stand there and yell at me, THEN LEAVE!" Conductor screamed, he looked up and glared his rival, "I'm fine on my own!"

Grooves realized, he definitely shouldn't have hurt the Conductor. The Conductor is no young bird, so the fight with their star and getting kicked strongly in the side must've knocked the wind out of him quite a bit.

Grooves exhaled and reached out his flipper, "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to hurt you that bad, darling. Let me-"
"I'm not your, 'darling." Conductor spat.

That was new. Grooves always said 'darling.' He never had the other reject being called that.

"Go away, I can handle me self." Conductor answered coldly.

He tried to stand up again, but his balance gave out. Luckily, Grooves was there to catch him, and set him right up.

"You're hurt, weather you deserved or not. Let me help you. Please?" Grooves pleaded.

Conductor looked at Grooves. He didn't know what to say, he was never shown kindness like that. After he treated him, so bad. He felt a blush of embarrassment run to his cheeks.

"F-fine. But it's only because I can't walk!" Conductor gave in.

Grooves nodded and the two start for the elevator the exit to the basement. On the way up, it was really awkward. As Conductor had no choice but to use Grooves a weight to lean on. He tried just not to look him the eyes.

"Ya know, dar- I mean, Conductor, I really do care for you. Even though we're rivals, I gotta put up with you. So what's the point in just hating each other for all of our careers and lives?" Grooves said.

Conductor was silent. Dj Peck Neck was right...for once.

"Ye do have a point." Conductor admitted.
"A-and besides," Grooves voice was breaking, "you and the little darling star, are really all I have left."

The penguin regained his composure, and before Conductor could ask what he had meant, the elevator door opened. The two walked out. They walked until they got to the Conductor's own room in the studio.

Once there, Grooves gently pushed his rival towards the bed.

"There, you should get some rest, darling." Grooves said.
"Aye, um. Thanks. You didn't have to do this." Conductor answered as he laid down on the bed.

Grooves went for the door but turned back to face the Conductor. He smiled softly.

"Yes I did. If I didn't help you, who would?" Grooves explained. "Now go to sleep, I have to make sure the little hatted darling isn't scarred."
"Whatever you say." Conductor answered.

Wow, Grooves was right, again! Who would've thought? But, he should definitely apologize to Hat Kid when he wasn't half dazed. That's for morning, and when Grooves isn't mad at him.