Both Of You (Conductor&DjGrooves,Ft.HatKid)

I was listening to the Steven Universe song, "Both Of You." And I though, "yo, this would be perfect for a fanfic."
So yeah its based off of that song.
Please, enjoy.
.....................................................

(Third POV)

Ever since meeting the two bird directors and learning their story. She was determined to get them on better terms. There was no use hating each other guts for the rest of their lives.

So today, she decided to she would attempt to get them to talk to other about their problems. Hat Kid knew she couldn't just say the idea, because Conductor would refuse to do it and Grooves wouldn't be so willing to talk.

She knew she'd had to get clever! So separately, she'd asked them to meet her in the music room. Without knowing the other bird would be there.

As Conductor opened the door the music room, his was surprised at the sight of Grooves here. He was sitting in a chair and seemingly staring at the wall, deep in thought.

"Grooves?! What the peck are ye doing here?! Conductor said.
"Conductor? Could say the same for you, darling." Grooves answered, looking his way.
"Hat Kid invited me here, laddie."
"Really? She invited me too, darling."
"What!"

Conductor was about yell at Grooves but was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. They two birds turned their gaze only to see Hat Kid come in and close the door behind her.

What could the darling hatted lass be up too? What was her plan for them? As she walked in she had a grin on her face.

"Lassie, what ye doin'?" Conductor asked with a hint skepticism in his voice.
"You'll see." She answered.

She put away her umbrella and walked past the birds to the single piano in the room. Grooves and Conductor shared a look of confusion.

Hat Kid took a seat in front of the piano and cracked her knuckles before gently pressing the tips of her fingers in the keys and played a note.

Grooves eyes widen at her playing the instrument he taught her. She certainly been paying attention, but why did she secretly invite them to listen to her play? Kids, he guessed.

Conductor glanced at Grooves. He should've guessed the penguin taught his star how to play his instrument. But what was the purpose of this meetup?

"Why don't you talk to each other?" Hat Kid sang, breaking their thoughts.
"What-" Conductor started.
"Why don't you talk to each other," Hat Kid repeated, "just give it try!"

The two birds looked over at each other in shock. When did the birds actually sit down and talk one another? The answer: they didn't. They were always arguing or invested in their work.

Hat Kid saw their confusion, and brought the piano to a quick halt.

"I brought you two here, to talk to one another." Hat Kid explained.
"Why, dear?" Grooves asked.
"So, you guys aren't always at each other throats?" Hat Kid sheepishly said.

Grooves looked over at Conductor again. His expression seemed annoyed but willing at the same time.

"Well...." Conductor started, not looking at the penguin and instead the ground. Grooves reached over and used his flipper to lift the Conductor's face up.
"I'm listening." Grooves reassured.

Hat Kid smile grew wider, this was working.

"You two have more in common than you think!" Hat Kid exclaimed.
"Why are you doing this, darling?" Grooves asked.
"You both love me, and I love both of you."

Grooves softly gasped. He hadn't been told he was loved in awhile. And she was right, they both loved her a lot.

Conductor looked up a Grooves again he fiddled with his tie. He couldn't remember the last time he was actually nice to Grooves.

"I-I should've said this long ago. Grooves-" he hesitated, Hat Kid eyes widen, she didn't expect Conductor be the one to speak first, "I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you over the years!"

Grooves smiled softly at that. He didn't expect that either, but was thankful for it.

"It's okay, darling." Grooves answered, "but I have to confess something too!"

Conductor ears perked up and looked up at the penguin. Grooves took a breath and looked over at Hat Kid, who was smiling so blissfully like her dream came true.

"I should've been so greedy and pathetic whenever you won the awards. I should've been supportive and I wasn't!" Grooves said, tears started to prick his eyes.
Conductor reached out to him, "But ye weren't- ya never were!"

Grooves shook his head, "but I was, darling! I should've been the supportive friend and happy for your success!"
"But you were! Are, even! You were always there!" Conductor argued.

Grooves soften at Conductor's words. Tears slowly rolled down his face.

"But...your movies are always so much better than mine, darling." Grooves said.
"What of it?" Conductor asked.
"You're much more successful, smarter, likable, than I ever could be, darling. I'm loud, annoying, and weak."

Conductor never expected this. Grooves was always had a streak of confidence and positivity. How could this be the same bird in front of him, doubting himself. He took ahold of Grooves arms, and held them tight.

"Don't compare yourself to me. I'm far from perfect. I'm cruel and unloving." Conductor admitted.

Grooves lift his flipper and held Conductor's cheek, "but your also hard working and organized."

Grooves leaned forward and brought the Conductor into a warm embrace. Conductor held back.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, lad." Conductor whispered.
"And...we should do this more often, darling."
"Ha, yeah."

Hat Kid squealed silently. This went better far than she expected. Maybe from this, they wouldn't be arguing every second now.

Now she's got to get them together.

Yeah, this was short. I'm tired. Also, like that surprise Disco Train? ;)