Little Darling (DjGrooves&HatKid)

I always imagined Grooves really did adore Hat Kid a lot. And if she got hurt he'd feel bad about it. So this will just be a cute lil fluff. Maybe I'll make one with Conductor too.
............................................................

(Third POV)

When Hat Kid landed in this planet, she never expected to get drafted into the movie world. But those birds directors had her Time Pieces! And of course she was going to get them back.

When she first met the penguin called Dj Grooves, she was surprised by his enthusiasm and positive attitude. But also overjoyed that someone treated her like what she was. A little girl.

Then the she met the Conductor. He is very loud and a very short temper. But Hat Kid sees the good him. She thinks he's just a troubled soul who doesn't know how to deal with problems.

But today, she was doing a movie for Grooves. It was called "Picture Perfect." Hat Kid was quite enjoying this movie, she enjoyed just walking around and having the adorable Moon Penguins take pictures of.

Once and while, Grooves would endorse with her with silly questions. She would respond with equally silly answers. Hat Kid favorited his shocked expression when she said, "Peck."

As she was happily skipping away as Grooves muttering something about "strangling the Conductor for teaching her that!"

Hat Kid climbed a building and posed for another picture for a Moon Penguin. The Moon Penguin smiled at her and thanked her for the picture.

She saw one of the power lines leading to another a endorsement with Grooves!

She smiled at it and hopped on the power line. She carefully balanced over to it and joyfully hopped on it.

Meanwhile from the floor, Dj Grooves carefully watched her. Making sure she was safe. Winning the Movie Award or not, a child's safety always came first.

Grooves looked away for one second to glance at some of the camera. But he heard a loud shrill scream.

He whipped back to look at Hat Kid. She was hanging on the power lines by her hands.

Just as he was about to call out to her, she lost her grip and started falling to the concrete.

Grooves immediately ran to her to catch her. He wouldn't let a child get hurt underneath his watch!

"I gotcha, darling!" Grooves said.

Hat Kid hadn't heard him and only screamed out in help and closed her eyes. She felt something like a cushion, breaking her fall. A loud crack sound was heard.

Hat Kid opened her eyes when she realized she was back on the ground. She felt someone's arms around her, holding her in a protective way.

She knew what had happened and immediately got up and back on her feet.

When she turned back around to her penguin friend. He sat up and pushed his glass back on his eyes. Grooves blinked and shook his head a bit.

"Darling, are you okay?" Grooves asked.
"Yeah, are you?"

Grooves groaned out of pain and tried to get up but struggled. Hat Kid went over and helped h back up in his heels.

Once Grooves was able to catch his breath, he reached out and pushed her bangs out of her face.

"As long as you are, I am, darling." Grooves calmly said as he rubbed her head.
Hat Kid smiled at him hopefully, "thank you for catching me."

She then hugged him. The penguin held her back and stroked it.