Where You Belong (Snatcher&HatKid)

This is kinda like a continuation of the first ever fanfic I did for a A Hat In Time.
(If you hadn't read that one it's when Hat Kid comes back after leaving the planet 4 years later. She's 13 in this.)
Please, enjoy!
...............................................................

(Third POV)

Hat Kid smiled to Dj Grooves and The Conductor. After not seeing them for 4 years, it felt nice to see people who actually appreciated her.

"Wow, I can't believe how much time has passed." Hat Kid said.
"You can say that for sure, darling." Grooves answered.
"How's the rest of the planet doing?"

Conductor glanced at Grooves and gave him a questionable glare. Even thought it has only been 4 years, some things on the planet has changed.

"Did something bad happen?" Hat Kid asked, "you're giving each other strange looks!"

Conductor exhaled and walked up to her. She'd find out eventually about her friends and what had happened to them. Hat Kid was getting worried as neither of them were talking or even looking at her.

She grabbed Conductor by the forearms, "what happened?! Please tell me!"
He took her hands off of her, "well, according to Cooking Cat, that red hooded lass...she just left the planet."

Hat Kid looked down to the ground. One thing she regretted about leaving the planet was not making amends with Mustache Girl. She always hoped they could be friends.

"That's a shame..." Hat Kid said sadly.
"It is. She's just a lil child out there, all alone." Grooves added.

He was aware how much, she wanted to be her friend. Grooves opened his arms and Hat Kid returned the kind gesture of a hug.

Conductor watched the adorable scene. If only Mustache Girl stayed around just a little longer.

"But," He started, "Cooking Cat now rules Mafia Town."

Hat Kid let go of Grooves and faced Conductor in dismay. She smiled at that. Mafia Town always needed a better leader, and Cooking Cat was always such a perfect figure for guidance.

"That's great! I'm happy for her!" Hat Kid said.

That seemed to lighten the mood. But as Hat Kid thought more about her cat space Mom, someone else who was almost like her other parent came to mind. How alone he must've been without her...

"Wait- how's Snatcher?" Hat Kid asked, looking at the two birds hopefully.
"You should go look for yourself, darling." Grooves answered.

Hat Kid got worried at that. Did Vanessa get to him? Well he can't exactly die-again. She should go to Subcon and pay him a surprise visit.

"I'm going to go Subcon and see Snatcher. He must be so lonely." Hat Kid said.
"You certainly have a lot of catching up to do, lassie." Conductor laughed.
"The people at Subcon miss you. They'd love to see you again." Grooves added.

Hat Kid nodded at them and smiled to herself. Snatcher and his minions would be so excited to see her again! Before leaving she hugged Conductor and Grooves together one more time.

"Thanks for telling me everything. " Hat Kid said.
"Of course, lass." Conductor replied.
"Anything, darling. Stay safe out there."
"I will."