Anger Or Hate....

2nd T20 in tri-series with SA. It was the first series Virat played after 2019WC. Virat opted to rest Windies tour. Though MS, Rohit, Entire team for the matter didn't want Virat to rest as the believed cricket is the only way to heal heartbreak caused by cricket. But Virat convinced everyone that he needs some rest. 

Presently Virat was sitting in the dressing room fuming as yet again he was runout by Rohit. The team was relatively new as BCCI want to experiment for T20 WC2020. Only members of the regular team are Virat, Rohit, MS and Jaddu. 

Rohit made a century in that match maybe to compensate the runout like his always does. But the strange thing was Virat wasn't clapping and enjoying. He just sat there with fuming not even bothered to fake it for media's sake.MS did notice that.

"Now the media will make there own shitty stories on this. When will these kids grow up?" thought MS as he signed. But he concentrated on making Sreyas Iyar and Shivam Dube comfortable as they have to go and bat if the wickets fell.

There were just 4 overs and 20 runs left to chase when Rohit got out and walked in. 

"Virat...This time it was not my mistake. There was no run. So I'm not gonna tell sorry ok." Rohit said calmly to his fuming friend.

"Ooo really. There was. If only you ran as soon as I called." Virat shouted.

"I didn't even hear you call ok. Why would I not run if I heard it?" Rohit shouted back. 

"Because you don't want me to get runs. I was on 48 if you remember?" stated Virat as if it was the most obvious thing.

"What?"Rohit muttered in shock. "Did Virat accuse me of something so cheap? Why would I not want my best friend score runs?" Rohit's mind screamed but the lump in his throat did not allow him to speak.

"Cheeku, Are you listening to yourself?" chilled MS realising that there fight is going too far.

"You think I could do that?" Rohit asked in a teary voice. Anger and argument were long gone, now the only thing he needs is that assurance that his best friend doesn't think so low of him.

"A person who wanted India to lose 2011WC just because he is not part of the team can do anything you know," said Virat with hate and disgust filled tone.

Dressing room fell silent. All young players were standing there terrified. Rohit didn't know it's his imagination or reality but he felt like everyone was looking at him in disgust expect MahiBhai and Jaddu who were just looking at Virat in shock.

"Shut up Virat. You are crossing the line now." MS scolded after initially shock as he walked to Rohit to pacify him.

"Is it necessary to interfere in every damn thing." Virat snapped at MS making him stop in his tracks.

"Everyone please wait to in the other room and dugout?" Jaddu said to all the juniors realising there is something wrong with Virat.

"Why? What will happen if they are here? I'm not speaking anything that is not true." Virat snapped but anyhow everyone went out living MS, Jaddu, Rohit and Virat.

"Virat... The match is still on? We will talk about everything later. Not now, not here." said MS said trying to sound composed but It hurt. Never in his dreams thought his Cheeku would say something like that. 

"Ya... Of course, it's you cares about the team." came Virat's sarcastic reply.

"Shut up Virat. You can't talk to Bhai like that." Rohit snapped.

" Why can't I? Did I say anything which is not true? Doesn't he interfere in everything. Every good that happens it's because of him. Because MS has instructed the bowlers Because MS has set the field Because MS has taken the DRS. Virat Kohli toh fool in the name of the caption, haina?"

"Virat... What the hell are you talking?" Jaddu asked in horrified.

"Truth...Bloody truth" Virat roared. It was so loud that people outside the dressing room would have heard it for sure.

"But everyone blamed me after the loss.why? When credit is given MSD, the great. Why slam me for the loss. But no... Virat is not captain material, it's because of Virat's captaincy we lost the world cup. Isn't that is what you want? Yojraj said truth, You made India loss because you don't want any other caption but you to win the Worldcup"  Virat screamed with same hate and disgust in tone.

MS stood there blankly. He can't believe what just happened. "Did his Cheeku just...?" he can't even complete the sentence. It felt like his worst nightmare. 

Rohit and Jaddu can see that Virat's have broken MS. Over the years they have learnt to see through the mask of caption cool. 

"Bhai lets go out. He doesn't know what is what he is speaking. Bhai, please..." Rohit whispered in pained tone as dragged MS into physio's room. Suddenly his own hurt and heartbreak don't matter to Rohit anymore...It pained him more to see this elder brother so broken.

It wasn't though for jaddu to choose between 'staying with Virat' or 'going after MS'. He can never tolerate people speaking against his Mahi Bhai and it doesn't matter if the people here indicates Virat, one of his best friend...or say, extended family.

Virat just stood before washbasin in a washroom...The only thing his eyes carried at that moment is Hatred... So much hatred that it can destroy the whole world...or at least his world.

Hey Guys, I was studying for my exam tomorrow on a boring subject... An interesting idea popped up in my mind and I like an idiot sat down and typed it...

Anyways... Do tell me how it is? What do you think has happen to Virat?

And most important... How is the chapter... Do let me know....because I'm not sure..

Cover credits: PARIMALA020