His reasons...

Virat dashed out towards his apartment instead of the team hotel after the match. He felt so miserable and seeing MS and Rohit only worsened it. 

He just dashed into his room searching for something and throwing everything here and there. Finally, he found a big cover safely hidden under the sofa. He tried to find something in it by throwing things out of it but failed. He just collapsed on floor clashing his head tight curling up himself as ball trying to get over the pain.

AB who actually followed Virat from the stadium to give him surprise got shock of his life.

"Virat...Virat. What happened? Are you ok?" AB muttered as he went to hold Virat.

Virat eyes widened and he started visibly panicking. 

"Door was open so I can in to surprise you," AB explained misunderstanding Virat's panic.

"We will go to the hospital. You will be fine." AB muttered trying to lift up Virat.

"Injection" Virat muttered pointing to the big cover laying there as he shaking himself off from AB hold.

"What?" AB asked confused but still followed Virat's instructions and stood there in shock as Virat injected himself with ease.

"Virat?" He whispered as Virat sat there, leaning to wall, holding his head trying to calm down himself with closed eyes.

AB nervously picked up the papers laying around. They looked like some head scans and hospital reports of various tests. Though he didnt understood a bit he could sense that something is wrong with Virat's health.

"Virat...Virat you are scaring me know." AB said with his own breath getting heavy.

"Virat...all these reports? Your pain? What is going on?" AB asked once more as virat looked little more stable now.

"Brain Tumor...That what the reports say." Virat said an ice-cold tone.

AB wanted to ask if it is some kind of a joke but he could not as he saw Virat's serious face.

"Virat..." AB started to say something but his words dried down like the past 5 times.

"There is nothing to say AB. I'm gonna die in a few days." Virat said in a casual tone. His eyes were dead cold as if they hold no emotions. AB felt like this is not Virat because Virat he knew was the most expressive. 

"Virat...Don't talk stupidly. Nothing like that would happen. Let's go to hospital....now." AB managed to say as he held Virat forearm to drag Virat out.

"Do you really think I didn't try. I'm waiting for my death just like that." Virat snapped in anger. 'This is the problem. People never understand' Virat thought.

"Clearly you haven't tried enough. It is life Virat. You just can't back out like that."AB reasoned. Virat didn't care to respond.

"Ok...then. You don't want to listen to me. I'm calling MS here and let's see if he still agrees with you not being hospitalised with you are getting stroke out of not nowhere" AB said as he took out his phone. Virat swiftly snatched it away.

"He doesn't know," Virat whispered before AB could say anything

"You mean he doesn't know that you get strokes," AB asked hopefully.

"No... He doesn't know about tumour at all. No one knows, not even Mumma. Even you are not supposed to know.' Virat whispered again.

"Virat please tell me this is some kind of a joke." AB pleaded. Again all he got is silence.