Time changed and Relations ______?

A/N(MUST-READ): Though the set is of post-2019WC. I just imagined both Virat and Rohit are not married but dating Anushka and Rithika respectively(For convenience in the plot)...So don't confuse. And also the italics part is flashback(Just saying)

After 15 minutes match was done and everyone were out for the formal handshake and postmatch presentation. MS looked normal, hiding his emotions perfectly. Ro tried to be normal too but he looked very tired and dull.

Adding to Rohit's misery he was the man of the match. He collected the trophy and came back as soon as possible. But what surprised him was Virat. He acted as if nothing has happened at all.

Even during the post-match presentation, he went on praising Rohit and Rohit's game telling how happy he was. How runouts are just part of the game.

"Idiot, why make so much fuss around it when he not actually angry? All he has is 1 gram of brain and even that stops working in anger but this time I'm not gonna forgive him easily. Let his beg and give a big treat to me." thought Rohit fuming but deep inside he was happy and relieved that his Virat is back. A few moments back he was shit scared and he was more and more mad at Virat for making him go through that.

"I'm still mad at you. I'm not gonna talk to you even if you beg me," said Rohit while packing his stuff as he saw Virat was didn't even tried to talk to him after the post-match presentation.

"What made you think that I want to talk to you?" Virat challenged raising his eyebrow.

"Because...because... Didn't you say you are angry anymore." Rohit said defensively.

"You didn't take that my words outside seriously, did you? What else will I say out there? That you are a selfish jerk. That you care more about yourself than about the country." Virat said sarcastically.

"If you believe that then you should have, Virat. Who the hell stopped you?" Rohit countered in anger.

"I didn't because I care for Indian cricket unlike you." Virat snapped as he walked out with his kit bag.

Only after Virat left Rohit realised how desperately he wanted to patch up with Virat. He felt ashamed of himself for being so desperate. Forgoing his self-respect and talking to Virat after all the accusations he made.

Bus back to the hotel has nothing normal. Virat sat alone unlike always. MS sat in his seat with his eyes closed through the journey. Rohit too sat there trying to sleep but strangely he could not. How much ever he tried to ignore, he felt like the team members are watching him in disgust. Unconsciously he kept looking at Virat for every 2 minutes, on the other hand, Virat was looking all normal chit chatting with youngsters.

MS didn't take to anyone since evening. Went straight to his room from the bus and didn't come out yet. It took him hours to accept the fact that his Cheeku spoke so rudely to him. He knows that Virat can speak anything in anger but all this... He is just there thinking of Virat's words again and again when he heard a hesitant knock. He wanted to ignore it but we anyhow went to open the door.

As he saw Rohit standing at his door anxiously he realised that he was actually expecting Virat.

"Ro... I want to be alone for some time. Well, we talk tomorrow" MS said tiredly.

"I don't want too." Came Rohit's hurried just before MS closed his door again.

"Huh?" MS voiced.

"I don't want to stay alone. It's... It's suffocating. And I have nowhere to go." He sounded so miserable that MS couldn't refuse him. MS moved aside letting Ro in.