Chapter 12

To: leviworth@live.colemanco.com

From: ophelialockhart@live.colemanco.com

Subject: Resignation

Mr. Worth, I know that will seem very informal, but this is my resignation letter. I know that this seems like a sudden decision and in all honesty, it is. I need to take time to myself, and I can't just stop coming to work. I appreciate everything that you and the Colemans have done for me. But I need time. I need space. Thanks for everything.

Best of luck,

Ophelia Lockhart

Head Data Analyst

Coleman & Co.

(917)-592-9327

To: ophelialockhart@live.colemanco.com

From: leviworth@live.colemanco.com

Subject: RE:Resignation

Ophelia, what are you talking about? If you need to take time, just take time. We are not a company that is just going to fire you for taking a mental health break. Did something happen with Jasper? I'm worried about you. Please, talk to me.

Levi Worth

Chief Data Analyst

Coleman & Co.

(971)-349-2376

To: leviworth@live.colemanco.com

From: ophelialockhart@live.colemanco.com

Subject: RE: Resignation

Levi, I'm okay. Yes, something did happen with Jasper, but that isn't any of your business. I can't ask you to hold my job as I take time off. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay.

Ophelia Lockhart

Head Data Analyst

Coleman & Co.

(917)-592-9327

To: ophelialockhart@live.colemanco.com

From: leviworth@live.colemanco.com

Subject: RE:Resignation

Just come back when you are ready. We'll be waiting. Take care of yourself, Ophelia.

Levi Worth

Chief Data Analyst

Coleman & Co.

(971)-349-2376

I close the lid on my laptop and I set it down next to me. I pull my fuzzy blanket close to me and I turn on my TV. A random channel turns on and Jane the Virgin starts to play. I love this show, but the episode that is on is when Michael dies. Oh, Jane. I feel you.

Tears start to stream down my face again at the thought that he left me. I pushed him away though, this is all my fault and I know that.

He deserves someone so much better than me. He doesn't need someone who is scared of loving someone because they were left behind.

I miss my sister. I miss him. I miss my family, from the little memories I have of them. I don't want the parents that abandoned me, I want the ones who took me to my first day of school. I want the ones that loved me.