Bonus: Merry Christmas

3 years later...

"Babe! Are you ready?" Jasper yells from the bedroom. I put the last bobby pin in my hair, and I slip a bracelet on quickly. One last look in the mirror and I deem myself ready to go.

I run out of the bathroom, "I'm here."

"Finally," he says slipping on his jacket. I roll my eyes at his sarcastic remark.

"You love me anyway," I whisper, giving him a kiss on my cheek.

"Unfortunately," he says, pulling out his keys. "Go get the car started for me, please."

"Okay, but why?" I ask.

"Don't worry about it, amor." He gives me a kiss on the temple and I run out the door.

Jasper checks to make sure that I am out the door and when I am, he heads back into the bedroom and opens up a book from inside his nightstand. You know those classic books that have the cutout, yeah, those. He pulls out a black velvet book and opens it checking the contents. Happy with what he saw, he closes it up and puts it inside his coat pocket. He leaves our house and hops into the driver's seat.

"What took you so long?" I ask, putting my phone back in my purse.

"I couldn't find what I was looking for," he says, putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the driveway.

"Oh, is that okay?" I ask. He nods and turns up the volume letting the Christmas music blast throughout the car. After a short drive, we arrive at Maria and Shawn's house and I see other cars already there. Go figure, we are running late.

"UNCIE! AUNTIE!" A little voice yells as we get out of the car. I look and I see a little 5-year-old come running my way.

"Ollie! You forgot your jacket and shoes and it's too late," Luna says walking out holding both of them. They adopted Oliver when he was three. He is the cutest little thing ever.

"Hey, sis," Jasper says hugging his sister. I pick up Ollie and I hold him on my hip and walk over to the two siblings.

"Hey, you two. Ollie, what did I say about running away?" Luna asks taking him from me.

"No running," he squeaks out. She nods and boops his nose. She chuckles and takes him inside and I follow behind her. Jasper goes to the truck and gets the rest of the gifts.

I see the rest of the family, including Rose, and I briefly spoke to Jasper's mother, Camille. I walked into the kitchen and see Maria running around and swatting Shawn's hand away. I watch Daphne cutting up something with her back to me. I sneak up behind her and I poke her sides.

"Damnit, Lia! Don't do that," she says setting the knife down and turning around. I pull her into a hug.

"I missed you," she says.

"You saw me the other day," I say chuckling.

"I know, but that was too long ago. Also, Seth is meeting everyone today." Oh. Seth is Daph's boyfriend for the past 6 months. They started dating at the end of her junior year.

"Does everyone know?" I ask.

"No."

"You didn't tell Uncle Shawn? You know how protective he is of you."

"I know, but I didn't know how to approach it."

"It'll be fine. I need to talk to Tia. Why don't you go bug Jasper and help him put the presents under the tree." She nods and runs out of the kitchen. Maria looks at me as I pick up the knife and finish what Daphne was doing.

"Okay, what was that?" She asks with her back against the counter.

"That was me being a big sister and giving advice," I say snatching a carrot from the veggie tray and taking a bite.

"Let me guess, you're getting impatient." My eyes widen.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I deny. Maria gives me a look basically saying, 'Uh-huh.'

"I mean, we have been dating for over 3 years, you would think that he would take that step," I blurt out. Maria starts to laugh at me.

"Bebita, it took Shawn 6 years to propose." I start to choke on my carrot and she rushes over and pats on my back.

"I'm going to take that," she says, taking my carrot from me. But, but, but it was tasty. Goodbye carrot, you'll be missed. I look over and I see Jasper standing at the doorway.

"I'll leave you two alone," she whispers into my ear. Jasper walks over to me and takes my hand leading me into the living room in front of the tree.

"Since you are getting impatient and couldn't wait until tonight," he says, getting down on one knee. My hands fly to my mouth.

"Ophelia Lindsey Lockhart, when I met you I thought that I was honestly going to hate you, but well, you were quite different than I thought you would be. I thought that you were just trying to let me down gently, but you were protecting yourself, but then I broke through that tough exterior and I won your heart. We have been through thin and thick the past couple of years, but we made it through. It's been 3 years. So, Lia, would you do me the honor of becoming Lia Atwater?"

Tears flow down my face and I just nod my head rapidly. He jumps up and slips the ring on my finger and pulls me into a kiss. I hear cheers behind Jasper. We pull apart and I nuzzle my face into his shoulder.

"It's about time!" I hear someone yell. Jasper and I both chuckle and I look up at him.

"I love you," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you. Merry Christmas," he says leaning his forehead against mine.

"Merry Christmas."

What more do you need in life?