Chapter 14

I groan and I move to sit up, but an arm pulls me close to them dragging me back into bed.

"Come back to bed, I'm tired," they grumble. Oh, it's just Jasper.

"I need to pee, Jasper. Let me up," I say patting his arm. He groans and moves his arm and I run into the bathroom relieving myself. I walk back into my bedroom and I see him sitting there waiting for me.

"I thought we were going back to sleep," I say sitting down next to him.

"We might as well get up, we need to go talk to Levi." I glare at him and he sticks his tongue out at me.

"So mature, Jasper," I say poking his cheeks.

"And that is?" He asks, grabbing my wrists. He pins them down to my sits over moves on top of me straddling my legs. He moves his hands down and starts to tickle me.

"Say you love me and I'll stop." I keep giggling trying to push his hands away.

"Just say it." I shake my head no and he keeps tickling.

"Okay, okay, fine. I love you." He stops and leans down and presses his lips to mine.

"Te amo," he says against my lips.

A little bit later...

We did eventually get out of bed. I got dressed quickly and we had to run over to Jasper's apartment for him to change since he didn't think that he would have stayed over last night. I followed him up to his apartment and he unlocked it and ran inside to change. I walked in and stood in the living room waiting for him. I looked around at my surroundings. Hm, the place is very similar to mine. Except he has quite a mess. I wonder if one day he would let me come over and clean his apartment? Man, it is a mess.

"Whatcha looking at?" He asks walking into the living room slipping on a shirt. Aw, couldn't he keep the shirt off? He chuckles and he walks over and pats me on the head.

"Let's go drooly." I snap out of my trance and I follow him as he exits his apartment.

"I was not drooling!"

"Yeah, sure." He clicks the button for the elevator and we wait for the doors to open to lead us down the lobby so we can head to our workplace. I smack him on the arm and he just turns to me and pulls me into another kiss. He pulls away and wipes his face.

"Definitely, drooly." My mouth drops open and the elevator doors open. He laughs as we walk in and I continue to smack him on the arms until we make it to the lobby.

"I don't drool," I stop him sounding almost offended. He turns back to me with his lips in a thin line.

"Calm down, sweet cheeks, I was just joking. Even if you did drool, I would love you anyway," he says putting his hands on my arms pinning them to my side. He brushes a piece of my hair from the side of my face and I look up into his vibrant green eyes.

"I promise." And I believe him.

A little later...

We arrive at the offices and Jasper scans his id and it lets us in. He pushes the door open and he leads me to the elevator and slips his hand into mine. The elevator opens up and we step inside with several other people following us inside. I lean my head on his shoulder and he lifts our intertwined hands and gives my hand a kiss. I smile softly.

We eventually arrive at our temporary floor and step out. I hear whispers on the floor from the woman who noticed us together and I ignore them as we continue walking. Suck it, he's mine. That's weird saying he's mine, but I could get used to it.

You already have, Lia.

Jasper raises his fist and knocks on Levi's office door and we hear a muffled 'come in.' He pushes the door open and we step inside. Levi lifts his head and his eyes widen in shock when he notices me standing there and also as the fact that Jasper and I are standing there, together.

"Ophelia, what are you doing here?" Levi asks as politely as possible as he stands up from his desk and moves to the front of it.

"Um, I honestly don't know, Jasper dragged me out of bed this morning to come and see you," I explain. Levi moves his eyes to Jasper and he begins to explain.

"I saw the emails she sent to you and I thought that we should talk about how she just decided to quit-"

"In my defense, I had just broken my own heart and not to mention yours. So, at the time, I thought that it was the best option-" I'm cut off by a finger in my lips.

"Let me explain, Lia." Jasper moves his fingers and my lips settle in a pout.

"Anyways, I know that she didn't tell you what happened and I'm not going to explain in detail, I basically did something she told me to bugger off and then we didn't talk. Two people told me that I was being stupid and that I need to fight for her and I did and now we are here." Levi holds his chin with his hand, deep in thought. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Let's hope for a good thing.

"I see." Wow, such a response. I got to open my mouth, but I shut it when Levi opens his mouth.

"Ophelia, your job is still waiting for you, but if you want to take some time off, I wouldn't mind. Oh and Jasper, your time off is approved. I'll see you in two weeks." My eyes widen and Jasper all of a sudden looks very nervous.

"Oh, I'm guessing she didn't know," Levi gestures towards me. Jasper nods rapidly and Levi chuckles a little. "Well, kids, you better get going."

"You are only 10 years old than us," Jasper interjects and I'm just trying not to die from laughter.

"Doesn't matter, kiddos. Now go and act like a couple somewhere else." Levi shoos us away and Jasper pushes me out the door.

"Okay, okay, I'm going." Jasper chuckles and he grabs my hand again and we head out. As he drives out of the parking lot, he asks me if I wanted something to eat and I nod and he knows exactly where to go.

He parks the car and we walk up the door of Maria's Cocina and he pulls it open, letting me in first.

"Ah, Ophelia and Jasper, it is nice to see the both of you," Maria says from across the restaurant. Jasper wraps his arm around my waist and Maria quickly cleans off a table for the two of us and we sit down.

"When I said that I was hungry, Mexican food wasn't what I had in mind," I say picking up the menu and pursuing it.

"Well, that is another reason why I brought you here. There is something that you should-"

"Ophelia?" A voice asks. I turn and I see Daphne standing there next to Maria.

"Aunt Maria, what is going on?" She asks. Aunt? Wait. Hold up. I look back at Jasper and he looks completely guilty.

"Can someone explain what the hell is going on?"