Chapter 13

"Well it seems as if my work is done. See you later, Jasp," Luna says breaking the moment between the two of us and walking out the door. I pull Jasper inside and I close the door following his sister's untimely departure. I take a couple of deep breaths in order to slow down my racing heart. I start to walk back into the living room, but he grabs my wrist and smashes his lips back against mine. His hands move from my face and settle on my waist. Mine arms naturally place themselves around his neck.

After a few minutes, I pull away and I walk away.

"Please don't break my heart again. Last time you walked away you did just that," Jasper says following me. I turned around and faced him biting my lip.

"It was never my intention to hurt you," I whisper. Tears that I didn't know that I was holding back start to fall down my cheeks.

"Then why did you do it?" He asks, sounding hurt. I quickly wipe my cheeks with my sleeves.
"Philophobia." He looks at me confused.

"Philo-what?"

"Philophobia: the fear of falling in love or becoming emotionally attached." His face lights up in recognition.

"That's why you were seeing Rose." I nod my head once again, having to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Yeah, and I thought that I was making progress. I mean, I went back to work, I met my sister, you became my best friend. It was okay, but then I started falling in love with you and it scared the hell out of me. I thought that I was doing you a favor by telling you to go. I thought that it would be easiest to prevent us from getting hurt, cutting us off before we even started. I'm sorry. Okay. That's all I can say." He looks at me for a second and then in two quick strides he is in front of me pulling me against his chest.

"You have no reason to be sorry, we both made poor decisions last night. If I had known that you were scared I wouldn't have done what I did." Oh god, he is regretting it.

"No, no, don't regret it. If anything it made me realize that I needed to pull my head out of my ass to see that you weren't going to hurt me by leaving. You haven't left now and I don't think you are ever going to leave, even if I wanted to, which I don't." I say looking up at him.

"Don't worry, I don't regret plus I don't plan on going anywhere without you." I chuckle against his chest.

"I love you, you know that right," he says with me still in his arms.

"I know because I love you too. What's 'I love you' in Spanish?" I ask.

"Te amo. Then what's 'I love you' in Italian?"

"Ti amo."

"They are way too similar, but you learn something."

"Te amo," he says, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Ti amo anch'io."

A couple of hours later...

We eventually moved to the couch where I elegantly decided to lay on top of him. Okay, so it wasn't elegant, but it was comfortable and Jasper didn't mind. We watched some movie for a while, just enjoying each other's presence, then dinner came. Figuratively and literally. (We ordered take-out.) We started eating and everything was fine until...

"How did my sister know where you live?" He asks randomly.

"She said something about Levi giving her my address because he was worried about me, or something like that," I say taking another bite.

"Why was Levi worried about you?" He asks slowly. Oh shit, did I tell him the truth or do I get myself out of this?

Start a relationship with honesty, Ophelia. Step one. No, wait, step two. We already made it past step one.