☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘈 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦

16 𝗠𝗮𝘆 1964

  16 𝗠𝗮𝘆 1964

Danica opened her eyes at 9:47am, but her morning didn't truly begin till 11:24am, when she finally decided to get out of bed. She spent some of that time annotating and deciphering the language in A Clockwork Orange, the book she recently picked up. She managed to get through a few chapters.

Once she got out of bed, she made her way to the kitchen to pick out something to eat. Danni was in a much better mood than normal, since she would be having a charming visitor later in the day. She felt like making her own breakfast would put her in an even better mood. She decided to make an omelette. Danica sautéed mushrooms, red bell peppers (she only eats the red ones), and onions. She placed the sautéed vegetables, diced tomatoes and ham, with fresh herbes into the egg bedding. Danni dropped chunks of feta cheese on top liberally. She folded the opposite side over all the ingredients and enclosed them inside. Once she felt like the egg was cooked to her liking, she attempted to slid it out of the skillet and onto a plate, but Danni quickly came to realize she had forgot to grease the skillet with butter. The egg stuck to the pan and eventually burned. Thankfully, the feta cheese swallowed the burnt taste whole with its powerful flavor. The only thing that bothered her was the textural difference on the burnt side.

  Instead of beginning the development process with the recent pictures she took, Danica decided to develop the three cassettes filled with portraits she'd taken over a series of weekends in Blackpool. The photographs were heavily portrait based and taken at North Pier. She often used strangers as subjects but sometimes invited friends with interests in modeling.

She closed herself in the bathroom. Danni left the lights on as she mixed the necessary chemicals to prepare the film for development. She pulled out all the necessary liquids from her cabinets. Danica then proceeded to prepare her developer, stop bath, and stabilizer. She corrected the temperature for each, and left each of the mixed chemicals in separate pitchers that were labeled accordingly.

She flicked the light switch off once all her materials were ready. In complete darkness, she removed the cassette cap and slipped the film spool partially out. She fiddled with the material till she found the leader clip and threaded it through the cassette's opening. After threading out the leader, she snipped it off (Danica has a collection of leader film clips from every cassette she has finished). She pulled the plastic lid off her hand-held developing tank, then twisted the internal lid off and pulled out her film reel. She then spooled the medium format film onto the largest reel till she came to the last piece of film. She cut the spectated the film from the cassette with a quick snip, then placed the film reel into the developing tank. Danni twisted the protective top on then and sealed the tank with the plastic lid. Now that the film was secured from any sort of light exposure, she flicked the lights back on.