☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘐 𝘞𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘞𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘔𝘦 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘋𝘰

14 April 1967

  14 April 1967

  "Danni, there you are! I need to talk to you. I came by your room, but all I got was Keith sayin' you were gone when he woke up," Pete said, catching Danica putting coins into the public pay phone back stage.

  "Yeh, I went for some coffee and a walk 'round town. I needed some air."

That morning, Danica woke up in a pool of her own sweat. Keith's warm body clinging to her throughout the night caused her to wake up various times from night sweats. She had to pry him off to get out of bed and take a shower.

  "You realize I've been trying to talk to you since it 'appened, don't you?"

She sighed and continued make a rotary motion to dial a phone number.

"I'm trying to call someone right now. Can I talk to you after the sound check?" She asked, putting the phone up to her ear.

Pete was visibly livid she was ignoring his insistence to talk to her about the incident. It was really beginning to set him over the edge. He threw his hands into the air and stomped off.

She turned back to face the phone, feeling selfish while fiddling with the wiry cord.

  "Hello?"

  "Hey, Raleigh."

"Danni is that you?"

"Yeh, course it's me. I'd think you'd be able to recognize my voice over the phone, since you're never in London anymore."

"I was just makin' sure. San Fran treats me too well."

"I'm sure it does. I miss it there."

Raleigh could hear the sound of the stage and road crew setting up equipment and yelling over the group playing to alter any necessary settings on their gear.

"What's that noise?" He questioned.

"It's the rest of the inmates in my cell block," Danni replied without hesitation.

  "I always knew you'd be the one who ends up in prison out of the two of us."

"Yeh, that's what mum said."

"Dad too."

"He would never!"

  "Hm, that's not what he told me."

  "Shut it!"

  The two laughed obnoxiously into the phone. Both Raleigh and Danica got their deafening laugh from their mother.

"Where are you really though?"

"Germany."

  "Far out. How is it?"