☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘍𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘥

20 June 1967

20 June 1967

  Keith hardly had anything to bring into Danica's flat when he moved in. No furniture. No household appliances. No sentimental belongings. He brought a suitcase filled with clothes and shoes and a moving box. The only things packed into his moving box were obscure items, booze from John's collection, and his toothbrush. He had things like firecrackers, Playboys, drumsticks, wigs, and condoms. Danica saw everything when he poured all his belongings onto her living room floor.

"Keith!" She laughed. Watching him was like watching a toddler who cannot decide what toy to play with next.

"Hm?" He looked up at her in confusion.

"Nothing," She slowly stopped laughing. "Do you want to find places to put your things?"

"Yes! You have closet space, don't you?"

"Yes, I rearranged some things and made space for your clothes and shoes. I freed up a few drawers for things too."

He smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much."

She tussles his dark locks and crouched down next to him. Danica glanced over all the things scattered across the floor.

"Hm, I'm sure you can fit most of these things in the nightstand drawer, especially these," She said, picking up the box of condoms and shaking them.

Keith grew smug and placed his hand on her knee.

"I think we already have some in there."

"Well, we'll have some extras then," Danni replies, placing her hand over his and rubbing circles along the top of his hand with her thumb.

His eyebrows moved independently like caterpillars along his brow bone. It was obvious what he was suggesting.

"How about we get everything put away, yeh?" Danica patted his hand and picked up as many of his things that she could carry.

  "Fine," Keith pouted and picked up the rest of his belongings.

  They made their way to the bedroom. He batted his suitcase all the way with the toe of his hushpuppies. Both dropped the loose items on the comforter of the bed.

  Keith glanced around the room. It was suddenly so tidy. There were no longer scattered clothes and books on the floor. It didn't smell like bay leaves anymore since the mugs of stale tea had been removed and cleaned out.

  "You didn't have to clean your room for me. I'm not the least bit tidy."

  "Well, while you're staying here, I thought I should be more contentious."