☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘈 𝘙𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘺 𝘚𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘳

09 November, 1966

  09 November, 1966

"Hello?"

"Hey Paul, this is Danica."

He paused to think.

  "Danica?"

"I took pictures of you and the band in '64. I'm friends with The Who."

  "Danica Whitaker!"

  "Yes!"

  "It took two years for you to call me?" He chuckled.

  "I just hoped that wouldn't come up," She laughed awkwardly, twirling the phone cord with her pointer finger.

Paul laughed. He did not really mind much since he had already filled the time with other things and girls.

  "So, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

  "Well, you told me to drop you a line if I was ever in Liverpool, and I am. I have some equipment, and I thought we could grab lunch and take some pictures."

  "For old time's sake then? I have some free time today, so I can meet you now if you'd like."

  "That would be great. I don't know any good places for lunch though. Mind suggesting some?"

  "I have the perfect place in mind."

  Once Paul shared the restaurant's details with her, she hung up the phone. Danica stepped out of the bright red phone box and closed the door behind her. She held the address in her mind, trying to map out where she needed to go. Even though she was not a frequent Liverpool visiter, she had seen the restaurant around town. Since it was walking distance, Danica decided to make the trek instead of calling for her chauffeur.

Rather than getting a table, she decided to wait for him outside the restaurant. It was cold, but the knit sweater and corduroy trousers she wore kept her warm.

  Danica stood idly near the entrance door, rocking back and forth between the heel and the toe of her patten black boots. As she waited, she managed to reposition her camera bag five times or so. Danni kept changing which shoulder the bag hanged from.

Eventually, she was approached by a man dressed semi-casually. He wore dark denim jeans, a warm turtleneck, and a dress coat.

"You dressed up for me then, Paul?"

"You didn't have to wait outside for me. You'll catch cold like that," He told, pulling her inside the cozy restaurant.

"I thought I might see something worth taking a picture of."

Paul hummed in acknowledgment.

  "Was I not worth taking a picture of then?"

"Maybe if you buy me lunch I'll consider it," She joked.