1. The undercover routine

"It's dangerous for any person to go there at night. You sure you wanna do this?" Eric, my friend, who was supposed to deliver a pack of spray paints to the tramway, a desolated place infamous for crimes, was reluctant to allow me to do it instead of him.

The darkness raked over the glorious lush landscape of the Neon street in its inception which was swarmed by a myriad of shops busy selling various things.

As I glanced down towards the street from the glass window of my empty dance studio, after finishing today's practice, and dressing up, feeling lost, voice of Eric pushed me towards reality.

"Please Eric, I really need the money. You know that I lost my dance fee, right?" After tucking the t-shirt in, my hands slipped into the jacket, and twisted my hair into a small bun, hiding it under the cap.

"What are you doing?" Eric asked, astonishment making his eyes sparkle, as they zoomed over me.

I straightened my jacket, "do I look like an undercover police, now?"

"Why the hell is for that, Helen?"

"Ssh, calm down, will you? It's for my friend, I need to burn someone alive today by returning his favour."

"What?"

"You know my friend Ezlyn, she has been bullied in her shop by this asshole, and when I went there to ask it, he pushed me down and mocked me, as if I am just a fleck of dust."

"Um, so?"

"So what. I will show him today by dressing up like police, but the thing is there isn't any lady police at night here. That's why I took my brother's dress along with this jacket to look like a man, so that I could show him the exact route to hell." Smirk crept upon my lips, though I could feel rage running through my body.

"But what if someone decides to call the actual police?" Scrunching his stubbles, Eric asked.

"Umm, then I will stab him, and run." I shrugged as I took the bag from him, which contained the package.

"Omg! Stab him? With knife?" His eyes widened, and after taking in my words, he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Of course...

"Helen." Eric gasped in shock, as he mused over the scene.

".....not, idiot. With my sharp...elbow, um, no fork, ugh, spoon it is, duh! Just kidding. How do I look?"

"Mm, you look like a tomboy, you have to cover up your face too, to look like a man."

"Yep, I know. That's why I took this beard and moustache." I gleamed as I got a satisfactory look from him, as I pasted it on my face.

"Now hurry up, will you? If I hadn't got to go for my date, I wouldn't have allowed you to do this."

"I know. See you tomorrow, if I make it out alive." After grinning at his amused, or rather confused face, I strode towards the staircase in scurried steps, wrenching my glance away from his face.

Cold breeze crawled through my skin as I stepped on the sidewalk from the block of the building. Smooth grey stones paved in the sidewalk, was still soaked with the drizzling of rain drops which polished it's beauty.

"Helen, I shouldn't have even let you dance in my studio. You can't even dance properly. Always messing up the steps and not paying the fees." The owner of the dance studio, Mr Edward's words echoed in my ears, sending a blizzard of rage rolling into my eyes.

Why wouldn't he be rude as I had missed the last date to pay my fees. I huffed as plethora of thoughts made my insides writhe while I hushed the tears rumbling in my eyes.