Chapter 8: U.S.J (Part 2)

Immediately, the 'Nomu' charged at the vigilante, screaming in a contortion of blind anger yet in noticeable pain. It glanced down, only to find a sharp metallic object impaling its abdomen. A hook-shot. Its body jerked,sliding across the ground before being promptly slammed into a nearby tree. 

Seemingly unfazed by what had just happened, the 'Nomu' merely ripped the hook right out, thick black blood splattering from the wound. As this occurred however, the cross-shaped hole appeared to close back up instantaneously.

Now it was angry.

Quicker than most could react,the 'Nomu' lunged at Nozomu, aiming an indomitable punch at the insect that stood between it and its meak prey. Smoke erupted when the attack connected. The group behind the vigilante looked on with fear and a tinge of guilt in their horrified eyes. Why guilt? For most, the fact that these 'heroes in training' stood idly by as the villains attacked was enough, but for a few it was much more than that. 

The mist cleared. The Nomu's punch had been successfully blocked by a large shield not unlike those used for riots. He had blocked and attack from a creature at least twice the size of himself, with the only visible damage was a dented shield. This in itself amazed the group behind, never mind what followed next. The two figures exchanged blow after blow, none doing any particular damage to the other. From a distance, they were two black blurs, dancing around the plaza, clashing every so often. 

Seeing their chance, the minor villains that arrived along with the creature rushed forward, attempting to take on the opposing group head on. That was, until several grey, scarf-like ropes wrapped up a few of them, swinging them into the group surrounding. Erasurehead was not about to stand around as his students get hurt by these criminals. Upon watching their teacher race into combat, his class followed. Each one was able to take on a few villains, some teaming up on the bigger groups. Eventually, most of the villains now lay scattered across the battlefield, unconscious.

"No. no! No! We were supposed to crush the opposition! We were supposed to win! It's unfair!" The leader screeched. He knew he was out-numbered. But not unmatched. With a crazed glint in his eye he beckoned the 'Nomu' back to him, the creature pausing the onslaught to return. However, this is just what Nozomu had counted on.

'Wait for the moment it's distracted, and attack with full force!'

In one swift action, the vigilante had unsheathed his knife from the belt that draped around his waist and plunged it into the exposed brain tissue of the creature. Nozomu had by now figured out one part of its body that it could not afford to simply regenerate: its brain. Without that, it's as good as dead. And so the 'Nomu' finally slumped to the floor, ceasing all movement. He had won.

Suddenly the doors to the facility swung open.

All Might was here. And he was not smiling.