Chapter 10: Errands

A few weeks had passed since the event that was the 'U.S.J incident', and not too much had happened since, at least in the students' opinion. Somehow, everything had gone to how it was prior. They were safe. The villains that attacked were caught. What more is there to say? The only 'mystery' was the elusive vigilante that came to their rescue that fateful day: Nozomu

Now he was interesting. For Ochaco, the figure was a contradiction. On the one hand, this was a vigilante who appeared to always be prepared, planning two steps ahead of those around him, yet the person had a familiar aura about him; it was as if she'd met him somewhere before…

If anyone had seen her in this moment, they would swear there had been a physical lightbulb appear upon her head for the briefest moment.
She had realised something; how she had not guessed this beforehand she did not know. It was clear to her now. This wasn't just any random vigilante. She had to find him. She had to find Izuku Midoriya.

During all of this, said vigilante was out of his late afternoon patrol. It had pretty much become a habit for him to venture out at this time. This was due to crime having an influx around these hours, and Nozomu had taken it upon himself to deter that trend. Then, as the evening droned on, another looming problem made itself apparent once again: he needed an upgrade. Not in terms of physical prowess, for he had nearly perfected that in his year-and-a-half of experience at this point. Instead, he desired a technological upgrade, which due to his, well, occupation to put it lightly, it proved to be difficult. Which was why, at 6pm, he was sneaking into UA's security system.

Not for anything malicious mind you, he simply needed to see someone. During his many 'errands' in the area, he had learned of a particular student in UA's Support Department. From what he had gathered overhearing many private conversations, this was a character who made state of the art machinery, yet was lacking in someone willing to use them. If he could convince her to supply her services to him, then Nozomu's scope as a vigilante would grow substantially.

As he creaked open the charred marble door, he was greeted by two gleaming yellow eyes, that of his to-be supplier. "Hello there! name's Mei Hatsume, at your service!" Hatsume exclaimed a tad too eagerly. "So I got ya e-mail earlier, and I've already got some Babies ready for you to try out. Here!" She proclaimed before shoving toward him a pair of padded gloves. Slipping them on, Nozomu quickly realised these weren't regular in the slightest. "These are remotely-activating claw gloves! Baby #32 these are designed to give your hands extra grip for activities such as climbing!" Hatsume explained before quickly shoving him back out of her workshop just as quickly as he had been dragged in.

"This is but one tiny sample of my work, feel free to keep 'em! Come back whenever you need, I'll be ready for ya!" She stated before slamming the door in his face. Looks like the vigilante Nozomu had just acquired a new supplier, and he didn't have to utter a single word.

"Well that was certainly an experience."

Hello again, Xavier here!

Thank you all so much for the support in recent months, it's meant so much to me seeing your encouraging comments on the story as it unfolds. I'm honestly surprised this has gotten as popular as it has done, I was expecting this to end up nothing more than a passion project (not that it isn't), so to see this get so much praise is amazing to me. I would also like to once again thank Darkness_In_My_Soul as she has helped a lot in the process of me writing this fanfic. Take this chapter for example, I had no intention of introducing Hatsume into this before she suggested the idea.

As for the story as a whole, consider Act 1 to have been a kind of prologue to the events of Act 2, in other words, this Act will be significantly bigger than the previous, with the majority of this plot taking place within it.

These next few chapters are going to bridge the gap between now and the next major arc for Act 2. So be prepared for some interesting developments in the meantime before the next arc. 

To summarise, thank you all so much for making this story so fun to write, and in particular thank Darkness_In_My_Soul for helping me thus far. And until next time, it's your author Xavier, Signing out!