Chapter 28: Study Group

"Okay, that's it for class." Aizawa announced. It had been only a few hours since the incident at lunch and so far every student was actually being attentive to the lesson at hand for once. It absolutely wasn't in any way caused by the intense use of intimidation from a certain green haired student. Nope, not at all.

"Remember, there's only a few weeks until the final exams. You all are studying properly, right? I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all." He concluded, shutting the door on his way out.

Immediately, the class once again erupted into chaos. "I haven't studied at all!" Ashido and Kaminari yelled, the former being far more relaxed about it than the latter. Yes the class had arguably far more exposure to the hero world than most their age, however that also meant the class had yet to cover the same amount of content as other classes, resulting in them having to work in their own time to catch up.

"As if that wasn't bad enough, I'll still be doomed in the practical, doomed I tell you!" Kaminari continued, visibly distraught. It was a well known fact that he could not control his quirk as well as the other members of his class, never mind physical prowess. "You two, I may be of assistance with the class lectures." Yaoyorozu offered. Her welcoming aura resulted in both the aforementioned duo as well as others similarly in need of such lessons agreeing to her proposition. A harmless act perhaps, that is, if one was completely unfamiliar with the Yaoyorozu family's dealings. They were known for their duplicitous approach, often using tactics like those occurring at present to lure clients into accepting more dubious favours later on. It's the main reason the family has been in power for so long after all.

The group then looked toward Midoriya. "Midori-bro! You mind teaching us a thing or two?" Kaminari asked. "Please man, we kinda need it if we have any hope of passing!"

When he spoke Midoriya just looked at him as if he were a radio and not a person who is there to be interacted with. It is as if the words are still circulating the corners of his mind and not yet allowed to flow outward into the world. Unease traced Izuku's features almost on instinct. One could tell that conflict had also circumvented his thoughts in that brief break break in speech. Despite such obvious turmoil, Midoriya turned to them, his expression returning to neutrality as if to dismiss said prior discrepancies.

"Saturday. Dagobah Municipal Beach Park. We begin at 7am sharp," he sharply answered before turning to the same exit their teacher had used only a few minutes ago. Looking back towards the group, he grinned eagerly. "Don't be late," Izuku added, finally walking through the doorway and out of sight with Shinso in tow.

"Are you sure that was a good idea? What if they find out and use your training against you?" The insomniac questioned. 

Shinso had always appeared to be someone doomed to loneliness. His quirk combined with his general personality didn't exactly make for a good childhood growing up. To him, it was a miracle that he had met Midoriya when he did, or Nozomu since that was the name he went by when they met that faithful Saturday evening. He did end up divulging his true identity not long into the training alongside his past, even his quirklessness (though he was sure there were some details he left out, but he chose not to pry any further). Their kinship only strengthened after this, both teens sympathising with one another due to their shared hardships in life up until now.

At the end of the day, he was simply concerned for his friend. The last thing he wanted was to lose him because of a silly decision that he was certain would cost them later. "If it means that the heroes of tomorrow are more capable in their duties, it's a risk that I am willing to take" Midoriya responded confidently. "If you say so…" Hitoshi mumbled.