Chapter 22: 'Internships'

Their new partnership began without a hitch, much to the surprise to the duo; crime rates were on the rise due to All Might’s deteriorating state. This was where they came in, protecting the poorer, crime-ridden areas that the Heroes didn't dare venture in. Drug rings, human trafficking and crime syndicates of all varieties roamed these parts.

Yet, it did not dampen their spirits. As the days became weeks, the two vigilantes had made short work of the many established gangs that once ruled the back-alley with an iron fist.

One such small-time gang had made the grave mistake of being noticed during the vigilantes' evening patrol. Now this group was nothing too major in comparison, consisting of three bulky individuals, each sharing the same quirk of having four arms. What was major however, was what they had in their possession: Trigger. But for who? It was clear to be of no use to them, especially in such mass quantities.

The fight quickly began with Minarai dropping down from the rooftop, wrapping his legs around the first villain's head in a choke hold before swinging the semi-conscious figure into the other nearby, promptly knocking both out. 

Now only one was left standing, fear settling in at the realisation of his comrades being taken out so quickly, in addition to being face-to-face with the two vigilantes he knew far too well of. He had heard of the rumours. He had heard that if there were three vigilantes that a villain should never cross, it's Stain, Knuckleduster and Nozomu, the latter of whom stood only a few meters apart from himself, with an apprentice no less.

Caught up in his frantic thoughts, the thug had neglected to notice Nozomu rushing at him, picking him up by the throat. Two glistening, emerald eyes pierced the man's soul. Cold. Dangerous. Determined. As if searching for an answer, the intense orbs peered around, frequently returning to the criminal's face again. Consciousness long slipped out of sheer terror, the vigilante let the body slump to the floor. He was alive yes, but only barely.

Meanwhile, a particular young brunette was training at her own internship. To say she needed improvement in hand-to-hand combat was an understatement. After the events of the Sports Festival, Uraraka knew that relying on her quirk alone was simply not enough in her quest to be a hero. 

So here she was, at a martial arts dojo by none other than the Pro-Hero: Gunhead. Despite losing in the first match of the tournament round, the Pro was one of a few to offer her a placement, seeing potential in the first-year student. Uraraka's training itself consisted of practicing and learning the intricacies of dodging and effectively disarming/neutralising her opponent. Shocking even herself, she picked up on it rather quickly, soon being able to fully utilize the techniques in the sparring matches held between fellow interns. 

But her mind still lingered to her talk with Midoriya. She still hasn't seen the boy since then. Not in the streets, not in the walks to and from school, not anywhere. She was both concerned and worried for him. 
Just where is he?

The two vigilantes, upon securely tying up the individuals and cargo after the confrontation, were about to once again leave the scene in the search for crime when a phone rings from inside the crook's jacket. 

Silence.

It rings again, somehow louder than before.

At the third ring, the phone is slowly picked up by the wary vigilante. 
"What a pleasant surprise, we meet again Nozomu" a scratchy voice proclaims from the device.