Chapter 30: Final Exams

The day had come.

Izuku sighed, briefly focusing on his actual thoughts as opposed to the raw emotion he was feeling. You see, today was the end of semester exams for U.A, and he was absolutely pumped for it. This was the first time that he could showcase his full array of skills gained from a year and a half's experience as a vigilante (not that anyone par a chosen few knew of course, to them he was just some acrobatic quirkless kid, no more, no less). The written was merely a formality for the true event that was the practical. Rumours circulated that the exam would be against robots akin to those from the entrance exam. Come to think of it, the whole organisation of the final exams reminded him very much of that, from the mysterious practical element to the way in which the exam was supposedly going to take place.

At the present moment, they were in the midst of the written portion, as a matter of fact the last paper of said test. "When the clock strikes five past nine you may begin the test. You have one hour and thirty minutes to complete it. Remember what we have taught you over the course of this semester. Good luck," Eraserhead concluded in his usual monotonous voice. If anything, his voice sounded somehow even more flat, like he was reading off a script. Shortly after making that statement, the ticking of the cream coloured clock clicked across the aforementioned time, prompting the students to immediately start working through the paper.

Honestly, Midoriya found all the tests thus far extremely easy, heck he'd say it was probably even easier than the ones from the initial exam way back when. Maybe being forced to tutor Shinso on occasion prior in the run-up to the Sports Festival had actually helped himself somewhat. Regardless, the hour and a half passed quite quickly. "Thank goodness for that," he mumbled in conjunction with the screeching beep that signaled time was up, successfully muffling his voice so as to not be accused of cheating in some regard. He did not want to deal with the ramifications of that potential incident, that was for sure.

After the papers were collected, the class was then told to suit up and make their way towards the central plaza. "Guess no break for us then," Kaminari mentioned sadly, exhaustion written over his face as he grabbed his hero costume from his respective locker and headed towards the changing rooms.

Costumes. Thankfully since the rescue training a month ago, both Izuku and Hitoshi had finally managed to get themselves a proper hero costume, no longer being limited to the frankly impractical P.E outfits. To that end, they had been able to closely replicate their old vigilante set-ups, surprisingly. Midoriya maintained his black and mahogany tracksuit, alongside his signature mouth- guard with built-in voice changer, which had become synonymous with his vigilante persona once he added it only a few weeks into his first patrols. On the other hand, Shinso's attire was a similarly jet-black colour scheme, except it had forgone the mahogany areas and instead had them be a dark violet running across the suit in a more curved fashion. He also had an identical mouth-guard to that of his former mentor, solidifying the already known fact that these two were practically brothers in all but blood.

Finally arriving at the briefing point. They were shocked to see quite a few more of the pro hero staff waiting for them than they were expecting. They anticipated that it would just be Aizawa and maybe one other teacher to supervise the test. After all, it was just some robots, right?

"Hey, your outfits sure are similar to those vigilantes from a month back, Nozomu and Minarai was it?" Jirou asked Midoriya and Shinso. On second thought, maybe their outfits made it too obvious. "We're, um, just real big fans of 'em, right Hitoshi?" Izuku frantically explained, nudging the latter with his elbow, encouraging him to just go along with it. "Yep," Shinso hastily agreed, just as hopeful that they would buy it and drop the subject. Thankfully, they did.