Chapter 13

Seth's POV

As fun as vacation at home was, I was a workaholic and so was Becky so we were both excited for tonight's pay-per- view.

I was currently watching Becky's match with Emmery, using the tv I had in my locker room. She was the main-event and I couldn't have been prouder at the fact that she was making history alongside her best friends. The four hours women had amazing chemistry in the ring and always put on a good show. But today Rebecca and Bayley would put on a once in a life time show, the first ever woman's inferno match.

Although, initially in their storyline they were allies but after Bayley's heel turn, the two woman were pitted against each other. Even though with every move the girls made towards the flames made me grow nauseous, I couldn't have been more proud of either girls. I cared deeply for both girls and would be proud of whoever won but I didn't want either to suffer any serious burns.

"Look who's in the ring" I told Emmery who was resting on my hip as she was intensely viewing the screen. Emmery was helping me stay distracted.

"Who is that Em?" I coaxed.

"Mama!" She said excitedly.

"Holy shit" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. My stomach dropped and I suddenly felt light headed. If I thought I was going to throw up before, I definitely am now.

Where did she even pick that up from? I know Becky has been trying to get her to say her name but I know she wouldn't have done this.

I came to realization that I can't even be mad because I have no one to blame but myself. Becky truly is the mother figure in Emmery's life. It only makes sense that she would pick up on the term mom. But, fuck, I didn't expect it so soon.

I tried to focus on Becky's match because I soon felt guilty I wasn't focusing on her. At the end of the day, maybe what Emmery said was just a fluke. I've never heard her say that before so maybe it was just a one time thing. I cleared my mind as best as I could and when I saw the final counts one, two, three... I jumped up in excitement and pride for Becky. I rush to the gorilla with Em in my arms so we could congratulate her. I saw the red head walking up the ramp and the first thing she did was embrace both me and Emmery.

"I did it" she muttered.

I noticed she had tears falling down her face. "Yeah, you fucking did. You had me stressed but you were amazing out there. " I told her as I wiped her tear away.

We locked eyes for what felt like time standing still. For a moment everything was perfect and I felt a gravitational pull towards her. Our faces were almost touching until my last two brain cells started working and I knew had to to protect the one relationship I couldn't ruin. A kiss could ruined our friendship so instead of leaning in, I embraced her in a tight hug. A normal friend thing to do right?

I slowly pulled away from our embrace realizing other people probably wanted to congratulate her too.

"I'm being selfish, more people want to congratulate you, as they should. I'll go wait back in our room until we go so we can celebrate" I told her. She flashed me that big cheesy smile that makes my heart skip a beat, "see you in a bit" she said giving me a quick hug and kissing the top of Emmery's head.

Just through that small interaction with Becky all the negativity and worries exited me. I knew everything would be okay and everything would work out the way it's supposed to. Sometimes you just can't control things, you have to just let them happen.

"Hey Champ" I congratulated as she walked in our locker room.

"Hey, so where we going to celebrate?" She asked curiously.

"Up to you, anywhere you want" I said giving her the choice.

"Even Paris?" She questioned.

I chuckled, "considering we need to be at Raw tomorrow, I think Paris is off the table this time around but maybe next time?"

Becky laughed, the kind that never ceases to lighten my day. "How about we just go to the hotel and have a movie night, just the three of us" she said.

I smiled, "and we can stop and pick up snacks on the way" I offered. "Now you're thinking!" She cheered. Em caught on and cheered with us causing us to laugh. She always joined in on our conversations even though she couldn't actually talk.

We drove to the hotel that we would be staying at but we made a quick stop at a 24 hour Target beforehand.

"Do you really need that many snacks Red?" I asked as she loaded them into our shopping cart, popcorn in one hand and baby on her hip.

"Obviously, thats why I put them in the cart" she said expectantly.

After a cart full of junk food we made our way to the cash register and I paid despite Becky's protests.

"Alright which movie?" I said scrolling through our options on Netflix.

"Oh my gosh, no we need to watch this show I started watching. It's called Big Little lies and it's about these moms that are like part of the PTO or something like that and it's fucking crazy. I'm on the third episode already but I'll catch you up as we go" she said excitedly.

I chuckled, "alright, I'm trusting that it's as good as you make it out to be." "It is trust me" she said.

By the end I was on the edge of my seat. "Alright I think that's enough for today. We still need to get up early tomorrow and it's getting late" Becky said.

"What!? Becks, you can't leave me on a cliffhanger like that" I complained.

She giggled, "you'll live and we can always continue watching sometime this week."

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yea- actually no tomorrow I have to stay in Michigan for an interview. Do you think you will be okay to fly with Emmery back home alone?" She asked. I took in her words and slowly nodded, "I have to learn eventually right?" Becky tilted her head as if she was studying me.

"True" She said.

Shortly the three of us slept in the queen sized bed as we had became accustomed to when traveling.

— — —

Next day

After Raw i was a bit apprehensive to go home alone with Emmery. I hadn't been alone with her this long since ever. I have always had Becky throughout this whole journey.

"Quit worrying, you're going to be perfectly fine. You're a good dad" Becky said hugging me and Emmery goodbye as she dropped us off at the airport.

"Please be back as soon as possible" I said giving her a begging face.

She laughed, "I'll try."

I then had to make the painful walk to board the plane without her.

Emmery stared at me with her big grey eyes, "it's just you and me for a bit kid" I spoke. She simply babbled, she had been very talkative this past couple of weeks but as of now hasn't repeated the potentially dangerous word.

"Say by to mommy" I whispered as I took one last look back at my favorite redhead.

A/n: okay but likeee why did this chapter actually become really wholesome 😭😭 my heart.

P.s. I genuinely recommend Big Little Lies if you haven't watched it. I literally love Shailene Woodley.

Word count- 1258
~edited~