Chapter 22

Becky's POV

It's been two weeks since my return and I have no idea what the hell Seth said during his "talk" with the authority but things had improved significantly so frankly I don't care how he did it.
I've been feeling better and Seth is doing good and Emmery is too so that's all that matters.

Emmery's birthday is nearing soon as I took initiative on planning it. Since Seth and I are on the road more often than not, I thought it was pointless to get a party planner. But here I am, more than two months away from her birthday, sitting on the floor with Charlotte trying to figure out all the details of the party.

"I don't know, a Barbie princess party is so stereotypical Char, just because she's a girl doesn't mean everything needs to be covered in pink" I said stressing over a theme.

"Well then do something gender neutral" Charlotte said giving the obvious answer.

I shook my head slightly, "I don't know. Seth said he wanted this to be a grand party. He said extravagant, and no amount is too much for his little girl. I don't really think he'd prefer a jungle theme over a princess thing."

"You never know until you ask Becks. It's his daughter, he only wants what's best for her. And I don't know if you're aware but he also cares a lot about your opinion. Why don't you try like a Mickey Mouse theme? Or any Disney movie for the matter. That's pretty gender neutral right?" Charlotte pitches.

I tilted my head slightly as I took her words into consideration. "That's a good idea. And then just throw in some pastel colors here and there and it will be gorgeous" I said.

"You're on in 10 Rebecca" one of the backstage people reminded me.

"Oh shit" I said realizing that I was slightly unprepared. I was already dressed in my gear but I wasn't in the right mindset so I ran through the segment in my head within the next ten minutes.

———

The segment went pretty smooth, which I was glad for but i was glad it was over. I usually like to mentally prepare myself for at least thirty minutes before going out but I had completely forgot this time. Maybe party planning would be harder to do at work than I expected.

"Ready to go, Becks?" Seth asked pulling me out of my thoughts as I created Pinterest boards of birthday themes.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry. Let's go" I said.

"I got a surprise for you" he said excitedly as we got in the car.

I chuckled, "It's always something new with you isn't it?"

"You'll like this one, I promise" he said. As we drove to the airport I saw him drive past the parking and into the private plane and jets section. I looked at him in confusion as he got off the car to get Emmery from her car seat and bring out bags down.

"Surprise!" He said walking in front of a jet. I squinted at him because I genuinely didn't understand.

"Huh?" I said.

"It's yours! Well ours technically. It's a gift from the company, I worked it out with them and I wanted to surprise you" Seth explained.

"Seth you can't just casually surprise me with a private jet" I said putting a hand to my forehead.

"Why?" He asked genuinely confused as to why I was not more excited.

"Because jets are expensive! You just bought a house, you need to be responsible with your money" I scolded.

"Becks, it was a company gift. It was free" he reminded me.

"What exactly did you tell them that day you went to go talk to them?" I questioned.

"Nothing really, it was a pretty calm discussion ya know. Small talk here, threatened to leave, more small talk" he said casually.

"Seth..." I said sternly.

"What?" He asked in an innocent tone.

"You can't just hand me things. I worked hard to be where I am. I don't need you to just hand me things, alright?" I explained.

"I know you work hard, I can see that. So don't you deserve to be rewarded? To have the proper recognition?" Seth asked.

I sighed in response knowing had good intentions. I gave up and just gave him a weak smile.
"Let's not fight over this okay? I'm grateful but I don't want more gifts like these" I said.

"Alright, that's fair" Seth said giving in. We boarded the jet and got settled. It was a beautiful jet, really.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Seth said.

I chuckled, "yeah. It is."

"Rebecca?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we keep it?" he asked meekly.

I sighed dramatically as if this was a painful decision. "Fine, I guess we can keep it. It would be rude to return a gift, wouldn't it?" I said.

A smug smile appeared on his face. "yeah, it would be" he said.

"Well since we've got time, let's discuss Emmery's birthday" I said.

"Alright. I'm all yours" he said.

"Well for starters I don't think we should do a Barbie princess theme. I think we should do "Up." You know like the Disney movie? I already found some really cute ideas if you want to see. They'll be a lot of balloons, and colors, and we can get a bouncy house for the kids. Oh and a guestlist? I'm not sure if you want this in California or in Iowa. We could probably do a lot more here in California if-"

"Becks whatever you think is best is fine with me" he interrupted me.

"Huh?" I said.

"Yeah, I trust you and a Barbie party wouldn't be my scene anyways" he joked. "If anything, I'll send you a guest list for the invites but if you want free reign on the party you can have it. You can get anything, I'll just sign the checks. After all, she's only turning one, once" he continued.

I gave him a wide smile, "perfect."

Word Count- 1005
~not edited~