Chapter 26

Becky's POV

"We need to talk" Seth said as I opened the door.

I rolled my eyes, "I really don't feel like talking to you right now."

"well you're going to have to talk to me at some point because ou- my daughter is sleeping in your room" he said. I eyed him suspiciously but nevertheless gave in.

"Fine, come in. But don't be to loud, all the girls stayed over and they're still asleep" I told him. He nodded as he made his way over to the couch.

"Well start" I said looking at him expectantly.

"Right. Well, I just wanted to explain myself to you. I feel like after everything that went down, you deserve an explanation at least" he said.

I scoffed, "yeah and an apology." "I'll get to that soon too" he said keeping his patience towards my snappy attitude.

"I want you to know I really am grateful for you putting everything together for Emmery's birthday. You made it possible and everyone loved it; friends and family. So I'm sorry if I came off like an asshole and I'm even more sorry for making it seem like I was being a kiss ass to Allison. Well, I kinda was but I have a good excuse" he said. I gave him a "really" look so he back tracked.

"This was going to be a surprise and I was going to wait a while because I don't know if this is too sudden or soon. You know I'm not that good with timing but, I was trying to be a suck up so I could get on her good side and hopefully have her sign away her parental rights from Emmery. Then I was going to give you adoption papers. But it was completely optional, if you didn't want to or you don't feel ready you didn't need to sign them. I just figured maybe you would like them because I wanted to show you that you will never get replaced as a mother in Emmery's life- do you hate me?" He said guiltily as he saw tears roll down my face.

I sniffled as I shook my head wiping my tears with the backs of my palms before throwing myself to him, giving him a rib-crushing hug.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch" I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

Seth simply chuckled, "it's fine. That's what I get for trying to surprise you. I know you hate surprises." I let him go so I could look at him.

"Know you understand why I hate surprises? They caused this big o'l commotion and have us making mountains out of molehills" I joked.

Seth shook his head as he laughed, "only you could cry and then make jokes two minutes later."

I shrugged as I gave him a goofy smile, "I'm a woman of many talents." Just then we were interrupted by a new voice.

"Whoa, PDA" Bayley said shielding her face but peeking through her fingers. We all looked at each other as we bursted our laughing. Seth and I had enough room between us to fit another person. Our knees slightly touched as we sat across from each other but that's were the physical contact stops. Besides I'm pretty sure my eyes were red from my tears and Seth looked like he hadn't slept all night. We both looked like a mess so PDA was veryyyy impossible. But I'm glad we were caught by Bayley and not Sasha or Charlotte because they wouldn't have let this go and made me explain every little detail that had just occurred. Rather, Bayley would let me open up to her in my own time. Usually once the coast was clear and we were in solitude.

"Everything good over here?" She asked once we stopped laughing. I gave her a genuine smile to show her my honesty, "yeah. I think so."

"Good. I missed you Seth, I'm glad this whole drama is over. Well not completely considering Em is still wearing that cast and Barbie is still here. Can we get coffee, by the way? I feel like I'm having withdrawal symptoms" she said all I'm one breath.

I chuckled at her energy. When you first wake up Bayley, she will try to ignore you so she can sleep but once she's up and out of bed she turns into a complete morning person and a ball of energy.

"Go with Seth and pick all of us up some breakfast. I'll talk with the girl and explain to them that everything is alright between us so they don't go reeking havoc on you when they wake up" I said.

Bayley chuckled, "good idea, because Sasha was abouta beat that bitch up." I cracked a smile as I thought of the idea before shooing them off to get our food.

I walked into the room to spot an awoken Sasha playing with Emmery.

"Oh hey Sash, is Charlotte still sleeping?" I asked. "Yeah, I didn't want to wake her because you know how she is" Sasha said.

Opposite to are own personal ball of energy, Bayley. Charlotte was not a morning person. She was grumpy and will not hesitate to punch you if you take the blankets away from her. So I sighed when I saw her asleep, knowing I'd have to risk my chances. However, I needed her to be in a good mood so I would try my best to be nice.

"Charlotte" I said softly as I gently shook her shoulder. "Hmm?" she groaned as she gained consciousness.

"Bayley's getting us breakfast but I wanted to talk to you both before the food gets here" I said.

"Why? What happened?" She groaned as she sat up and stretched her arms out, not grumpily may I add. Mentioning the food was a good call. I sat across from the both of them as Emmery sat on my lap playing with my hair and hands.

"Well, Seth came over earlier and we talked" I started watching their reactions carefully.

"And?" Charlotte ushered.

"Well we talked about everything. Somethings were a miss understanding, others got taken to far, and essentially things just didn't go the way either of us planned. After a lot of talking, we're okay now and I just wanted to make sure you guys don't hassle him too much because he's bring our food with Bayley. I sent them out to go bring it" I explained.

"And why was this apology so great? Did he propose? Did he jump out of a plane for you? Did he buy you flowers?" Sasha questioned.

"Mmm, no. It wasn't necessarily a grand gesture but it's something that means a lot between the two of us. Basically the reason this whole thing got taken too far is because I thought he was focusing more on Allison than Emmery but the reason he was doing that was so she would sign the papers to give up get parental rights. That way, I could adopt her" I explained to them.

They stood surprised for a moment.

"Wow, that's a big step" Sasha said.

I nodded, "it's not happening right now though. It's a lot of paper work plus we need to figure out what we are before we cross any legal routes."

"That's amazing Becks. You know if your happy, then I'm happy. I know you love this little girl so much and I know she's in good hands with you as her mom so I hope everything works out" Charlotte said.

Sasha sighed in defeat. "well if you're happy, and Bayley and Charlotte agreed with your choice then I guess I do too. He's not a bad guy, he's just a little stupid sometimes" Sasha said.

I chuckled, "all boys are!"

Then we heard the door open before and Bayley shout, "breakfast is here!" So we made our way to the kitchen and both Charlotte and Sasha respected my decision and chatted away as if nothing had happened. We were ready to turn over a new leaf.

A/n: as the book is slowly wrapping up, I'm brainstorming for a story with all the 4 horse women so let me know your favorite ships! 

Word Count- 1347
~not edited~