Chapter 24

Becky's POV

Thankfully it was a quick trip and once at the hospital, we were quickly attended due to Emmery's obviously pained state. I lied, I said I was Emmery's mom and since I had all of Em's documents such as her medical insurances no questions were asked. The fact that Emmery calls me mom also helped.

They had given Em a cast for her arm, she had actually  broken it. It was a distal radius fracture, so it was a minor case thankfully. No surgery would be required but she would be wearing the cast for a good two months. Sometime in between waiting for the doctor and Em getting her cast put on, Seth had texted me that he was in the public waiting room. When we got the "okay" to go home i spotted him in the waiting room alone, the girls had gone to wait in the car.

"How is she" he said as he rushed towards me. "She's alright, thankfully. But she has a fracture in her wrist and is going to need to keep the cast on for the next 2 months" I explained as I glanced down at the toddler that had her arms wrapped around my neck while her head rested on my chest as she slept.
Seth nodded taking in my words before speaking. "I'm sorry about tonight. Do you want me to take her?" He said. I shook my head as my anger flared as I thought about the series of events that took placed today.

"It's fine, you should get back to your girlfriend. I'm sure she's worried. Oh wait, she ditched her kid the first time. I'm sure she's glad to get rid of her again" I said bitterly.

"Becks, you know she's not-" he said before I cut him off.

"You know what, I should get home. It's late and my baby broke her arm. It's been a long ass day for the both of us" I said. "Do you want me to drive us back?" He offered. "The girls are waiting for me in the car. I'm going to my apartment, I'm not staying over" I said with an attitude.

"And what about Em?" He said with furrowed eyebrows. "She's going with me" I said as if it were the most obvious thing ever. I could see the conflict swirl I his eyes.

"Rebecca, that's still my daughter. You're being petty and you're acting like a child" he said with a scoff.

I narrowed my eyes, "Didn't seem like it while you were trying to get at the Barbie back there" I said accusingly.

He rolled his eyes in response. "You know what, I'm not going to fight with you here, Rebecca. Just make sure she's alright and call me if she needs anything. I'm leaving" he said handing me the bag of Em's things that he had brought with him from home before leaving. I watched him walk away as I walked to Charlotte's car mad. Gosh, why is he such as asshole? I thought to myself.

I accidentally slammed the car door waking up a sleeping Charlotte. "Hey, how did it go?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"Mmm, alright I guess. Good news, it's a minor fracture. Bad news, I got in a fight with Seth before leaving" I said.

"Oh. Why didn't he take Emmery?" Charlotte asked confused as to why the toddler was still in my arms.

"I didn't let him take her" I said sheepishly. Admittedly, I think I might have let my anger get the best of me.

Charlotte's eyes widened. "I know, I know. Can we just go home?" I asked tiredly.

"We can have a sleepover!" Bayley said pitching the idea.

I smiled at her, "I'd love that. Can we?" I asked out loud to Char and Sasha. They gave each other a knowing look before giving in. "Girls night!" We shouted in a whisper while in unison in an attempt to not wake up Em.

Seth's POV

I angrily slammed my car door as my hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel. I let out a frustrated groan before putting my hands to my face.

Everything seems to be going great for a moment and then it just takes a turn for the worse. I shook my head in disappointment as I drove home. I was so distracted, thankfully I made it home safely. However, I felt my blood boil seeing Allison on my doorstep. Can't she get the hint that we're over?

In my mind, she caused all of this. I really didn't mean to make Becky upset. I just thought that if I was able to be on good terms with Allison, she would be willing to sign the papers terminating the rights to her parental rights.

"Seth" Allison said perking up at the sight of me as I walked towards her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked rudely.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay" she said puffing out her lips. I rolled my eyes. Only she would show up provocatively dressed in a skin tight, pink mini-dress to a one year old's birthday party. I see why Becky was calling her Barbie. The platinum blonde hair, the bright tightly fitting dress, and heels really do make her fit the stereotype. Though, Barbie has more substance than this girl.

"You're daughter just broke her wrist. Shouldn't you be asking about her? Shouldn't you be seeing worried or even the slightest bit concerned?" I questioned bluntly. She simply batted her eyelashes in return.

"I'm sure she's alright. Kids are durable ya know?" She said ignorantly.

I felt hatred towards her but I knew I needed to control myself. Did she not get the hint I don't want to talk to her?

"Why the hell are you here in the first place?" I said sharply.

"I wanted to fix things with you. We can be a family now that I'm back" she said touching my arm. I pulled away from her grasp.

"We will never be a family. You're selfish and narcissistic, you don't care for anyone but yourself. You don't do anything unless it benefits you. I'm not with my child right now because you came along to mess everything up" I said accusingly.

"I can change, you just need to give me a chance" she said before abruptly connecting our lips. I was stunned for a second before I quickly recovered pushing her off me as I stepped away.

"Do that one more time and I will not hesitate to get a restraining order against you. What happened to your boyfriend that you claimed truly satisfied you? You said I wasn't good enough, what changed?" I said.

She sighed, "what did you expect me to do? I was a successful model, everyone wanted me, while what? You were an amateur wrestler that didn't have a reputable company or career for that matter. But now you're the face of the company and you're just as successful as me. Now we can be together and be a power couple" she said nearing me once again.
To her dissatisfaction I backed away from her.

I scoffed, "we will never be backed together. And just so you know, I'm not the face of the company, Rebecca is. And to you know why? Because she worked hard to get where she wants to be and there people recognized that and they love her. Not because she slept her way to the top, unlike some people" I said accusingly. She made a grimace but I cut in.

"I've had enough of this, so get off my yard before I call the cops" I threatened before slamming my house door.
I drank a couple of beers to try and relax before passing out on my couch. How the hell was I supposed to fix this?

Word Count- 1315
~edited~