Chapter 11

Becky's POV

It was Wednesday night and we were flying out to Davenport today for thanksgiving.

By now we were pros at traveling with Emmery and we had a system that worked well but it was slightly thrown off seeing as I came down with a cold and Emmery was teething making her extremely fussy and also slightly sick. Yesterday we both had a fever so poor Seth had to deal with the both of us. I tried to tell him I was fine but he was having none of it. I'm feeling slightly better but the plane ride only made my nausea worse so I took medicine and slept on the plane.

I was awoken to the feeling of weight on me. I slowly opened my eyes to see Emmery on me and grasping my hair. "I'm sorry I tried to keep her off for as long as I could but she really wanted to sit with you" Seth said with a guilty face.

"Don't worry about it, this is what I signed up for didn't I?" I said jokingly. He chuckled probably in relief I wasn't mad.
The rest of the flight was pretty normal so we landed in Iowa and on the ride to our parents homes we were deciding where we were staying.

"I just think staying in a hotel is a waste of money since we can just stay with our parents" I said. I saw Seth wear a hesitant face before agreeing. "I guess, I just didn't want to bother my parents with Emmery being fussy and all. Are you staying at your parents house?" He said referring to us usually sleeping together for Emmery.
I nodded, "yeah. If she's being too fussy just call me and I'll come over. It's only like 5 feet away."

Just as we came to an agreement we had arrived. We parted our separate ways and I went to my parents house to say hello and drop off my things and he went to his parents house with Emmery to do the same.

"Hi mom" I said embracing her as she opened the door for me. "Hi sweetie, come on in. It's cold out" she said. "I know. It's like Ireland" I said reminiscent of my childhood.

"Your dads out with his friends for a bit but he'll be back in time to get ready for dinner next door" My mom explained. I nodded, "so how has everything been with Seth and Emmery" my mom asked.

"Good, it's all been pretty smooth, transition wise. She's teething right now so you now how that is, we both had fevers last night and she's been pretty fussy which is expected but it's just slightly harder to deal with since I came down with a cold" I said filling her in on my life.

"Do you live with him?" My mom randomly asked.

"No" I answered defensively.
"Well- not exactly, at least" I said continuing my thought.

My mom looked at me expectantly and I ended up explaining our travel situation minus the fact we sleep in the same bed more often than not. I knew she'd react negatively to that.

"I'm proud of you Rebecca" she said surprising me. I looked at her questionably so she explained her statement.

"Not everyone does something kind like that. I love Seth but he can be a little clueless and when it comes to babies I'm sure that wasn't his expertise. You saw this innocent baby with awful luck of a mother and decided to step in out of the kindness in your heart. Your love for others is something you get from your dad and it's a beautiful trait" she said.

"Awww, thanks mum" I said. I wasn't often my mom gave many compliments, so when she did I knew I was doing good. "How about we both go get ready for dinner?" She said after stepping back from our hug. "Yes because I need to deal with this birds nest" I said joking about my hair.

Once my mom, dad, and I were all ready and dressed we headed next door for thanksgiving dinner. We always had thanksgiving there since we aren't American and when we first came to the states not only Seth and I had become best friends but so had our parents so we were invited over annually.

Seth's dad opened the door for us and we greeted him. As soon as Emmery saw me she made grabby hands and called out for me in her own baby language. I chuckled as I picked her up and placed her on my hip. Seth's mother then came over to greet me, she always loved me as her own daughter seeing as she didn't have one. For that reason she was also super excited about having Emmery as her granddaughter.

Dinner was amazing, unfortunately I didn't get to fully enjoy it because my stomach felt queasy. After dinner Emmery was tired so I decided to put her down for a nap in Seth's room and I ended up going asleep with her. I hope Seth didn't mind I messed up his nicely done bed.

Seth's POV

After about thirty minutes I decided to go check on Becky because she had gone to put Emmery down for a nap a while ago and hadn't came back. I opened the door to my room to see them asleep under the blankets on my bed.

I smiled to myself at the adorable sight but Emmery heard me and woke up so I picked her up before she could cry and wake Rebecca.

"Becky fell asleep. Emmery was asleep too but I accidentally woke her up" I announced.

My mom chuckled, "she's probably exhausted from taking care of the baby and being sick, let her sleep. I hope you're not making her do all the work."

I shook my head, "no yesterday the they were both in bed and I was running all over the place getting their medicine and soup"

About an hour later Rebecca woke up and we all chuckled at her still slightly disoriented state as she fed Emmery. I was going to do it but she insisted she wanted to so I let her.

We were all up until about midnight but Emmery was fussy and in pain due to her incoming baby teeth and refused to be put down to sleep.

It took about an hour and Becky was so tired I told her just to stay here for the night and she didn't fight it due to her exhausted state. She changed into some of my clothes and fell asleep in seconds.

I felt guilty for not letting her get proper rest while she was sick but I wasn't up for long before I fell asleep.

It felt all too soon when we were awoken by cries at 3:00 am. I changed Emmery's diaper but she still didn't budge. Becky tried to rock her back to sleep but Emmery was not letting up.
"I just remembered I packed that numbing cream for Emmery. It's in my bag at home can you go get it?" She said. I nodded as I grabbed her keys and quietly made my way around her house to grab the cream.

I grabbed the small tube from her travel purse and gave it to Becky. She applied a small amount onto Emmery's gums and in a matter of five minutes Emmery was quite and siting peacefully.

"You're a genius, Red" I said. "I know" she said with a small smile as her eyes closed. I took the baby from her arms and finally go Emmery back to sleep. Before going back to bed I looked a peacefully sleeping Rebecca, I really don't know what it'd do without her. I definitely don't deserve her.

A/n: Would you guys prefer a Christmas chapter which is pretty much just brollins fluff or would you rather I skip it and get straight to the drama? Or even just a small 500 word chapter? Let me know!!

Word count: 1308
~edited~