Chapter 10

Becky's POV

It's been two and a half months in total since I've been helping Seth out with Emmery and by now people were starting to speculate that Seth and I were dating but we quickly put a stop to those rumors when we got the chance.

The fans seemed to think it was oddly suspicious that we were always together but we denied all the rumors because that was the truth.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a temporary arrangement between two friends. Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe the more I say it, the more I will stick to it and not have my motives be a lingering childhood crush.

I often chastised myself if I started to feel myself become too comfortable. It often ruined my mood actually. I'd have a cute moment with Emmery or something of that sort and I'd remind myself that she isn't mine to get attached to. I found it hard to tell myself I couldn't love this child when she stares at me with her big grey eyes as she wakes up from a nap in my arms.

"Becks?" Seth said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, sorry?" I said motioning for him to continue although I hadn't heard a single thing he had said.

He chuckled, "I said I'm done so I can watch Emmery while you get ready to go."

I was suddenly brought back to reality. It was a Monday night, Raw was almost over. There was about 20 minutes left and I was in what had become our locker room since I'm in here basically all the time except while I'm in the ring or at catering although technically it was "his."

Sometimes I'd even take my food to go and eat it in the locker room with Emmery and sometimes I was accompanied by one of my best friends or all three on an occasion. Seth didn't mind anyways, he was respectful and even happy when I was hanging out with my best friends.

I regained my composure quickly, "Yeah, I'll go shower real quick and then we can get moving."

———

On the road to the next hotel

"We need to go get Emmery more clothes" I reminded him.

"Why? She already has so many" he said confused but with a slight whine.

"Well then we can donate those. Her clothes are beginning to fit too small. It's been two months Seth, she's a growing kid" I said chuckling at my own jokes.

"Well speaking about time flying by, whats the plan for the holidays?" Seth said. I thought to myself for a moment before speaking up, "maybe for thanksgiving we can spend it in Iowa but for Christmas I think I'd be cute if we stayed here in California. It could be just the three of us or we could invite some of our friends!"

Seth smiled, "I like that. We could even go ice skating on Christmas or go to Disneyland! It could be like the start of our own mini Christmas traditions."

I gave him a cheesy grin. Christmas is my favorite holiday and this one might just be the best yet but despite the excitement i got from our conversation I felt my eyes start to get droopy and i tried to fight it but sleep won.

Eventually I awoken by a whisper calling my name and a gentle shake. I groaned and just reached my hands out as I sign that I wanted to be carried. I heard Seth chuckle and I could only imagine the smile on his face.

"Alright Red, let me get us signed in and then I'll come back for you" I heard him say before I let the sleep take over again.

Seth's POV

After signing into our hotel room, I dropped off al our luggage along the way. Now I had to be strategic. I had Emmery and Becky asleep in the car and I couldn't leave one in the car and the other in the hotel room so I got creative.

I gently picked up Emmery out of her car seat and placed her on Becky's chest. Emmery fussed a little bit but stopped once she felt Becky instinctively wrap her arms around her. It was a habit she picked up during the late nights when Emmery would wake up in the middle of the night. Becks would just wrap her arms around her and Emmery would settle down.

I could still hear the steady pace of their breath signaling that they were both still asleep. I then picked up Becky bridal style and walked on up to our room. I tried to hurry because I didn't know if this was uncomfortable for either of them but I placed them in our queen sized hotel bed.

I watched as Becky stirred awake and her hazel eyes locked with mine. A small smile appeared on her face as she whispered, "Thank you." I smiled back, "for what?"

"For everything. For letting me a part of Emmery's life. For making everything better" she said.

"I should be thanking you. Honestly Becks, I don't think I could've done this without you. You're one of the best things in my life" I told her trying to convey all my emotions as best as I could.

She gave me a gentle smile in return, "we're a good team" "we are" I agreed before we both got in comfortable positions before quickly falling asleep due to our long tiring day we had.

However, about two hours later I was awoken by whimpering and scared gasps. I looked over the bed, Emmery was peacefully asleep but Rebecca was visibly having a nightmare. I quickly grew concerned at her threading movements and rushed to wake her.

After coaxing and gentle shaking she woke up.

"Holy shit, that felt so real" she muttered as she placed a hand to her head as if she was in pain. Tears began to fall from her eyes, "what happened Becks?" I asked gently.

"It was just a bad dream. It was like my insecurities and fears came alive, it was awful. It was just a dream though, I'll be alright" she reassured me.

I still looked at her concerned but I decided to let it go seeing as it was late and we both needed to rest. "Okay, wake me up if you need anything" I told her. She nodded, "okay. Goodnight"

After about fifteen minutes just as I was about to fall asleep I headed a whisper.

"Psst, Seth"

"Hmm" I mumbled keeping my eyes closed.

"Can we cuddle? I can't sleep" she said in a whisper. I smiled as I mentally laughed at her dorkiness. "Get over here" I said moving closer a bit as I raised my arm up so I could drape it over her.

"Comfy?" I teased as she snuggled into me. "Don't make this weird" she groaned. I chuckled tightening my hold subconsciously as I went back to sleep.

There will be another chapter maybe later today or tomorrow bc this was mostly a filler with fluff
Word Count- 1169
~edited~