Chapter 20

Becky's POV

I was awoken by Seth gently calling me. I groggily opened my eyes, it was still dark out. I could tell due to the fact that the hotel room was only slightly illuminated by the weak bedside lamp. I slowly started to recall the nights events but quickly blocked the memories before the tears started to roll down my face, "what?" I said confused as to why I was awoken.

"We're going home, love " he said waking me up further.

"You talked to Steph and Hunter?" I asked confused. "What time is it?" I further asked.

"Everything is ready for you, even your bags are packed. It's 4:00 am by the way" he said.

"Why so early?" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

"I figured the sooner we get to Ireland the better" he said simply.

My jaw dropped, "Ireland?"

He smiled at me meekly. "You said you wanted me to take you home. We're going home Red" he said in a loving tone. I felt stinging in my eyes and I launched myself to Seth and he simply chuckled as he caught me.

"You're amazing. This is better than anything I expected. Thank you" I mumbled into his chest as he stroked my hair. He placed a kiss on the crown of my head and then scooted back.

"Come on Sleepyhead, let's go before we miss our flight."

With that I took my phone from its place where it was charging along with my luggage that Seth had already fixed for me. He took his luggage and sleeping Emmery as we headed for the airport. I slept for the first half of the flight but I was up for the second half. As we walked out of the airport and I felt the crisp Ireland air, I knew this is where I needed to be right now.

We picked up a rental car and I drove us to my childhood home. We still own it, only now it's used more as a vacation house.

"Just like I remember it" I said as I walked in taking in everything around me. "How long are we here for?"

"As long as we need to be" Seth said and I looked at him to further explain. "They gave us two weeks. Steph said if you need more time you can have it, but I have to go back. Truly they really only have me one week, I'm kinda pushing it with the second but if you need me I'm here. I'm not going to leave you alone to deal with in the dark" he said. I leaned closer into him so that my head was on his chest and my arms were wrapped around him.

"Thank you, the one week is perfect. The show must go on right? Hey, can we go to the beach later?" I said.

"We can do anything you want to do but we have the whole week so I don't want you to strain yourself right now" he said.

I nodded, "I'm just excited to be home but I know I have to take it slow at least for a couple days before we're back on the go"

For a moment there was a stillness, a peace among us. For a moment everything was perfect and all our petty fights just didn't seem that important anymore.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch" I said interrupting our peace. "You really didn't do anything wrong. I kinda over reacted because I was disappointed in myself. I had no idea what was happening in my life and I couldn't handle the fact I wasn't in control" I admitted.

"Oh Becks, you could put me through hell and back and I'd still love you. You're my best friend and if you felt that way then I wasn't doing my job properly but I'm sure we could go back and forth for ages because we're both equally as stubborn so how about we just start over?" He said.

"Water under the bridge?" I asked as I peered into his eyes.

"Water under the bridge" he said with a slight nod in confirmation.

———

"Rebecca slow down, you're going to fall!" Seth said concerned as I quickly led the way among the wet rocks.

"Live a little Seth! If I'm going to die, at least I'm in Ireland" I teased. "Not funny" he stated as he caught up behind me with Emmery.

After five more minutes of our hike and Seth almost having a heart attack after I stood at the ledge one too many times, we finally arrived at our final destination.

"It's beautiful" Seth said as we observed the beautiful sunset.

"It is, this was one of my favorite places to come to as a kid. It makes me feel like a kid again just by being here. So many memories ya know?" I said feeling nostalgic.

Seth nodded, "oddly enough, I get it. Back when it was a simpler time."

"Exactly" I said.

"Do you ever wish you didn't leave Ireland?" Seth asked. I took a moment to think about my answer, it's something I used to ask myself a lot as a teen when I was moody or upset.

"Not really. I miss Ireland a lot, definitely but I would've never met you I didn't move to Iowa. Maybe I wouldn't have had all the opportunities I had too. I learned not to really dwell on what could've been but focus on what I can do" I explained.

"That's beautiful, Red" Seth complimented. I chuckled, "thanks and thanks again for bringing me out here" I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked carefully after a moment.

I paused and then slightly shook my head.

"Not really but it happened and I never want to relive it. Honestly neither of us was ready for another baby but it was still my baby and I would've loved him or her with my whole life. I think it would've been kind of nice ya know? To have one of my own, I mean. Like, I can try and be there for Emmery but when she grows up and gets another mom, a real mom, she's not going to want me around" I said solemnly.

"Becks she's always going to want you around, she loves you. She calls you mommy, hell, she said mom before she said dad and I think that speaks volumes. But I don't think we'll have to ever worry about someone replacing you" he said.

"Why?" I said confused.

"Because no one is you, and I don't want anyone if it isn't you" he said as he stared deeply into my eyes.

I felt like he was looking into my souls and even though I was fully clothed, I felt exposed. I felt so vulnerable because this was all I wanted and now that I have it, do I still want it? I was feeling too many emotions all at once.

Before I could process my thoughts I felt his lips against mine. Screw it, yolo am I right?

I kissed him and it was the most picturesque scene I could ever ask for. After a moment I pulled away, "was that too soon?" He asked.

I shook my head as I shyly smiled at him, "it was perfect but can we take this slow. Can we just be us right now?" I said.

"I couldn't have said it better" Seth said smiling back at me with love in his eyes. I pulled him to me and our lips crashed once again, it was only until we heard a soft cry that we separated.

"Duty calls" He said giving a side glance at Emmery. I chuckled as he got up to get her from her carrier. "We should probably go anyways, I don't want her getting sick" I said accepting Seth's hand as he helped me get up. "Lead the way m'lady" he said as I guided the three of us back to our car.

This

We aren't quite sure what it is right now but this, this feels right.

A/n: sorry for the wait, I will be updating daily... maybe even twice for the next five days ;) ty so much for reading<3

Word Count- 1356
~not edited~