One Lie Is Enough To Ruin Everything

1
The sound of the black boots the woman was wearing was leaving a sound behind in the park. Although nobody noticed it, Elvira felt watched. She felt like eyes were burning in her back because of the sound of the heel made, but it was just an illusion. It was making her feel uncomfortable. I should have worn trainers instead of boots, damn it, trainers are way more comfortable than those boots I am wearing now.

But this feeling wasn't making her stop to enjoy the time off at lunch break. Fresh air and a walk through a park or the streets of Paris helped her freshen up during the long office days. It was the only time at work she could stop her mind from working and clear it. On days like this, she could spend hours and hours outside: a typical spring day with bursts of sunshine. The rays of the sun were touching her face softly, which gave her a warm feeling. It was almost too warm to wear a jacket, but it was still too cold to not wear one. The rays of sunshine were feeling warm, it was feeling pleasant.

Elvira had a good sleep last night. She fell asleep around eleven and woke up at six this morning - what was twelve o'clock in Shanghai. So technically she slept in this morning. It allowed her to wake up slowly in bed, make breakfast, read the newspaper and have an extra cup of tea before going to work. She loved relaxed morning like this, but this wasn't changing her routine to set the alarm earlier than usual. It was okay to have a morning like this because of the jet lag, but she didn't want to bother to wave it in her routine.

Elvira smiled when she saw small children playing around on the large field, seeing more people outside and the animals who jumped around the trees.

Her mind wandered off to the date she had last night. It was a simple date; dinner. She was glad it was dinner and not a film or some activity. Good food is always a pro during a date. Activities were nice as well, but not on a jet lag mode. The smile of Marcel was grafted in her mind. The way he talked and gently looked in her eyes while getting a small smile on his face were priceless. It looked sneaky but attractive. Marcel was an excellent teller about the dish he ordered, he knew how to tell the story behind it like he was the chef of the dish. He was a superb teller in general, he always knew what to say and to sound it interesting. He was a guy from ICT, a good-looking bloke from ICT who wasn't the stereotype about ICT people. Marcel was exceptional, he was interested in computers and systems, but he wasn't the type to stay awake the whole night to hack other systems. He was a computer nerd, but different.

After a twenty-minute walk, Elvira entered a small restaurant. She had ordered a meal since she didn't have anything to eat. Yes, this was costing a fortune, and she wasn't planning on doing this again soon, but since she was too tired to get groceries yesterday, there was nothing much at home to eat. The warmth of the heather blew in her face what made her take off her jacket. Why having the heater on when it's 17 degrees outside? She licked her lips and scanned the place. There were a lot of people with laptops, also a few business lunches and maybe three couples in the area. It was busy, which was shown on the staff. Elvira could read the stress from their faces. She gave one of the staff members a warm smile, hoping it would make them feel better - even though she knew they wouldn't care about her at all.

Elvira's eyes felt on a couple in the corner of the restaurant. They were laughing, probably about a joke the man made. Elvira squeezed her eyes, the man was looking familiar. The woman placed her hand over his and shook her head of laughter.

Observing people was a habit what was rude, but Elvira didn't care. Something about the couple was attractive what couldn't stop her from looking at them. The perfect couple. The woman probably has a function what was important in a company - shown by her look, and he as well.

Elvira plucked her nails and let her eyes glide over the man, he looked so familiar from the side. She couldn't connect a name and face to him, but she knew him. He leaned over the table and gave the woman a kiss, which made her giggle. Elvira could tell the woman wasn't feeling comfortable by being kissed in public, but the man didn't care; he was proud to share his love for the woman to the world.