Epilogue

After long conversations, doubts, breakdowns and a lot of thinking, Daniel made a choice to leave Red Bull and start a new chapter at Renault. It meant a new car, new people, a new teammate, and a new HQ to visit every day. Daniel was ready for something new, and it was granted to him. If it was the right choice, that wasn't sure yet, but it felt good to start over. Elvira was supporting her husband, it made her happy when she saw the relieved smile on Daniel's face after signing his new contract.

Things have changed since the moment the two got married. Elvira moved in with Daniel's, leaving Paris, Vogue and Blair behind her. She decided to quit her job, Elvira loved working at Vogue, but it became boring, it was safe - too safe. Moving in with Daniel changed her view on the world. She still works for Vogue in Nice, the agency she works for is a partner of Vogue. It was hard and difficult to leave Blair behind in Paris, but leaving Paris was the best option for Elvira.

The relationship between Daniel and Elvira was better than it was ever before. They were happy together. In the summer break, they went on honeymoon to the Maldives and enjoyed their time together. They were finally having their husband-and-wife time, time what they deserved.

It was 2019, the start of the new season at a new team. All eyes were focused on Daniel. Not only because of the team switch but also because of something else. Elvira stayed out of the spotlight for several weeks, that was odd for her. In the fashion industry the name Elvira made people gasp and smile, Elvira created a platform in that industry, people all over the world knew who she was. Daniel also liked to post pictures of her and himself on Instagram because he was proud to call Elvira his wife. And she just disappeared for a while for no reason - at least, that is what people thought.

"How're you feeling?" Daniel asked and looked at Elvira.

She smiled. "I'm fine, a bit tired, I will have a rest in a moment," she spoke, and they walked to the facility of Renault. Photographers and fans made pictures of the couple. "Don't worry about me."

It was a surprise to everyone when they found out Daniel was married, they didn't understand how he got married. Nobody knew about a relationship, a special someone in his life. But as soon Daniel mentioned Elvira became his wife, everything fell into place. Close friends and family were happy to find out they finally confessed their love for each other.

"Hey Cyril," Daniel said to his team boss.

"Bonjour," Elvira greeted Cyril Abiteboul and smiled politely. "Comment allez-vous?"

Cyril smiled. "Bonjour," he greeted both of the people. "Je vais bien, merci. Et toi?"

"Ca va," she replied politely.

Daniel nodded. "Yup."

"You should know them too, Dan. Those are basics," Elvira told Daniel and smirked. "Take a course."

Cyril smirked and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "And how are you, Daniel? And the baby?"

Twenty weeks ago Elvira and Daniel found out Elvira was pregnant, it was a surprise to them both, but the surprise was more than welcome.

A massive smile grew on his face. "I'm doing great, actually." He looked at Elvira. "And the baby is doing great as well. We just had our twenty weeks appointment." Elvira nodded and smiled.

Cyril nodded happily. "Amazing to hear. And? A boy or a girl?"

"That's a surprise," Daniel and Elvira said on the same moment.

They all laughed. Cyril excused himself from the couple and walked away.

"Anyway, I have to go to the media," Daniel said to Elvira. He placed both of his hand on the side of the baby bump. "You can rest here or go back to the hotel. Michael will be here too, so you can do whatever you want."

"Yeah, it will be fine. Don't worry about me, Dan," she comforted him. Since they both found out they were becoming parents, Daniel became protective. "Go, I will be here," she smiled and gave him a kiss.

"I love you," he said and kissed her again.

"I love you too."

The first press conference of the 2019 season was mainly centred on the sad loss of FIA director Charlie Whiting, who passed away in the early hours of the Thursday morning. Max, Lewis, Daniel, Sebastian and Robert paid their respects to Charlie, but they also talked about the upcoming race and season. It was a journalist from Sky Sports who popped the phrase Daniel secretly hoped for.

"Daniel, congratulations," the journalist spoke.

A few confused looks were shared; only Max knew about what the journalist was talking about. Elvira didn't have time to say hi to people on the track, so only the observing people noticed her and the bump.

"Thanks," Daniel happily smiled.

Sebastian looked at Lewis, and he frowned, Lewis shared the same look. What was going on? Was this on the switch between Red Bull and Renault?

"How is Elvira doing?" The journalist asked.

"Elvira is doing fine, the pregnancy is easy on her - luckily. Around August, we will become parents, so that's a great moment to look forward to," Daniel replied and couldn't hide his smile what told the world how happy he was.

"Elvira is pregnant?" Sebastian asked, and a smile grew on his face. Daniel nodded. "Congratulations," he said and patted Daniel's shoulder.

"Wow, that's amazing. Congrats, man," Lewis said and looked satisfied at the Australian.

Robert smiled. "Congratulations."

Max smiled widely. "I will say it too, once again. Congrats, again."

It made Daniel laugh. "Thank you." He looked at Max. "How many times are you gonna say it? You already crossed the line of saying it 30 times." It made everyone in the room laugh. Daniel was feeling happier, people were delighted for him.

Max nodded proudly. "I will become Uncle Max, what else do you expect?"

"Let's see if you will grow up then," Sebastian teased. "Mum Elvira and dad Daniel. Immensely adorable."