Is it love?

Daniel's lips turned into a grateful smile when they looked at his wife; Elvira, she was still asleep. It was still unbelievable to realise he married her, he never expected to. He turned on his side and faced Elvira. Her blonde hair was spread out on the pillow. She had a peaceful look on her face, her pink lips were curled in a soft smile. Daniel blinked slowly and looked at her again, he could never get enough of her.

Elvira's eyes opened, and a deep breath left her mouth. She blinked a few times before looking at Daniel. A giggle left her mouth when she saw him looking at her with a bright smile. Blushes appeared her cheeks, a shy smile came on her lips.

"Good morning," Daniel softly said.

She looked back at him and swallowed hard. "Hey," she whispered.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good," she nodded and looked back at the white ceiling again while pulling the blanket up to her chin. "You?"

"Amazing."

Silence entered the room. Elvira was repeating her memories from yesterday, she never thought she would marry in the first place, let alone Daniel. But she was glad she did, it felt right. She had no idea if it was the right decision, but at this moment, it felt right. Her fingers touched the ring around her ring finder; it was real.

"Oh, my god," she let out and turned her head towards Daniel. "I can't fucking believe this." Daniel raised his eyebrows. "We are married. Fuck."

They both giggled.

"I know, right?" He said happily and raised his hand.

"It looks weird on you," she blurted and shuffled closer to him. "So not like you," she said and grabbed his hand to have a closer look at the golden ring.

He looked at her and then his hand. "Why?"

"I don't know," she mumbled and looked at him. "You never wear jewellery, you used to wear earrings, but nothing more." She let go of his hand. "But I'm nothing saying it doesn't fit you."

The morning sun shined through the transparent white curtains. The bedroom lit up. Daniel focused on Elvira again, who was looking at the curtains.

"Dan," she softly said.

"Hmm," he hummed.

"Why are you so quiet?"

He licked his lips and let his fingers softly touch her skin. "I'm just..." His fingers glide over her cheek, to her jaw and neck. "...processing everything. I just can't believe it happened and that I married you. It's so magical. You looked so beautiful, our family and friends looked stunning, the venue...everything did." Her skin underneath his fingers turned into goosebumps. Their eyes locked. "You still have your vow, right? Shall we do that now or wait?"

Elvira parted her lips and began to smile at his words. His touch was warm on her skin; everything he said was exactly how she thought about it. "But I'm looking like a potato who just woke up."

"Do I care? No," he told her and sat up. "It's a vow, we are not being filmed or whatever, we are doing this for ourselves."

She got up and walked to her bag. His eyes were scanning her body. Elvira was wearing the white shirt of Daniel of the wedding suit. It perfectly fitted her body, the sleeves were slightly too long, but that wasn't annoying to see. A smile grew on his face, from best friend to wife...

"Do I need to get yours?"

"It's in my bag," he told her. She opened his bag and searched for his vow. "Probably folded in a book."