Chapter 5

Ginny wouldn't stop peppering me with questions as we walked together to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"How was it?" She demanded, her eyes shining with excitement. "Has he changed? Is he hot? Did you talk? Is he nice? What's your room like?"

I laughed. "Why do I get the feeling you're more excited about this than me?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows. Ginny grinned. Her flaming red hair was tied back in a cute braid today. She always looked way more stylish than me, I noticed. Not that I cared. Style wasn't exactly something I considered important when we all walked around in robes all day anyway.

"Well?" Said Ginny impatiently. "Aren't you going to tell me everything?"

So I told her. By the time I'd finished, Ginny was staring at me with her mouth open.

"And you didn't ask him to be your boyfriend?" Asked Ginny, sounding annoyed.

"No?" I asked innocently, completely puzzled. "Would you have done?"

"Duh!" Exploded Ginny, as we sat down together at our table. "He sounds great! I think you like him."

"Do not!" I hissed, looking around to make sure nobody had heard her. "Gin, shut up!" I rolled my eyes, but I could feel my cheeks reddening uncontrollably. I prayed that Ginny didn't see.

She saw.

"Somebody's going red!" She said gleefully, practically dancing around me. "So, are you two going to hang out?"

"Gin, I don't like him!" I said firmly. My cheeks were still red, though.

"Yes, you do, Hermione," grinned Ginny. "You've got to hang out with him more outside of your dormitory. Then he'll notice you more."

"Gin, for the last time," I began wearily. "I don't like him."

"Fine," said Ginny, the same roguish grin on her face as she buttered a slice of toast. "Sure. You definitely don't like Draco Malfoy, Hermione. And you're still blushing, by the way."

I gasped. Ginny snorted loudly.

"Am not," I said under my breath, as I tucked into my cereal. Professor McGonagall came around with our timetables, and I saw that we had charms first, with Slytherin. Ginny must have noticed we'd be seeing the Slytherins first, too, because she muttered slyly, "Yes, you are."

I checked the time. "We'd better get to charms," I said hastily, eager to change the subject. "Despite the fact it is with my least favourite Slytherin."

Ginny laughed. "He can't be that bad, Hermione! Come on, let's go." She swung her bag over her shoulder and led the way to Professor Flitwick's classroom. I wondered how she'd react if I told her he'd started calling me Hermione. I didn't have to wonder much longer, though - when we reached the charms classroom, Draco and Pansy Parkinson were stood outside, Pansy clinging to his arm like a puppy and giving him slobbery, wet kisses. Draco looked like he was immensely uncomfortable, and kept trying to push her away.

Ginny sniggered. "Looks like you're out of luck, Hermione," she murmured. "Dear Draco's already taken." I laughed along with her as we waited outside the classroom, watching Draco push Pansy away forcefully.

"Get off, Pansy," he groaned furiously. He looked over his shoulder and saw me and Ginny stood behind him. His face changed into a broad, teasing smile and he said, "Oh! Hello --" he hesitated, then said, with a smirk, "--Granger."

He turned away again and Ginny pulled my arm up and down, squealing and giggling like mad.

"Hermione, he's definitely into you! How could you be so stupid! He likes you! He likes you! He likes you!"

"You're not going to let thus go, are you?" I groaned, my stomach turning more and more by the second. Ginny shook her head, looking ecstatic.

"No!" She cried, wringing my arm againike an excitable first-year. "He likes you, and I think you like him."

I was saved the trouble of answering by Professor Flitwick letting us into the classroom. It was lucky that he did, because otherwise I'm not sure what I'd have said next.

Sorry for the short-ish chapter, longer chapter coming next! Thank you so much for reading and voting 😊