Chapter 17: A Pain of the Past

No One's POV

A guard stands by the entrance before being pulled back into a head lock and promptly rendered unconscious by none other then Kurasuma.

"I seem to be mostly moving again. Figure I'm about half strength."

"That's still twice as strong as us."

Commented Justice watching the man Kurasuma incredulously.

"Did he really need our help? He could have gone on his own."

Kataoka sweat dropped at the overly strong military man.

"Kai-sensei, why do you have a kind of... tense face?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

The ravenet teacher smoothed her face back to normal, but mentally sweat dropped.

'Best not have of these guys know about by unnatural strength for the mean time.'

Kurasuma checked the entrance door and found no sight of any more guards around. The time was ticking and the young assassins were weary of it and their mysterious mastermind enemy.

"Students!"

Koro-Sensei called for their attention.

"I've come to realise something about our mastermind waiting above. He's using assassins all wrong. "

"What?"

They waited as Koro continued.

"Lookouts and guards- those aren't jobs for assassins. If their potential had been used to the fullest, they'd have been fearsome indeed."

'Koro-sensei's right about that.'

Kaitlyn thought to herself, tugging the fedora over her eyes.

'There's something about this that's rubbing me off the wrong way. This mastermind feels familiar.'

But as Kurasuma was going over some things, the fedora wearer could hear something else between Terasaka and Nagisa. Gazing at them, she noticed the taller teen sweating quite a bit, and frowned, but didn't make a move before they headed up.

...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...

Within the room, from which class 3-E had discovered to be the place of the mastermind behind the others sickness, Kurasuma signaled the students and fellow teacher to move. Their steps and breathing were calm and controlled to an impressive feat of silence.

They made no sound as they approached the suspect seated on the chair, with PC's before them with live footage of the hotel and remaining members of class 3-E. A grey sliver suitcase, placed by their side, with a boom taped to it, leading the class to believe this being the case that contains the antidote.

Kurasuma gave another signal for them as they sneaked even closer to their goal. He aimed for the spot in which he will shot the masterminds arm once they reach to grab for the detonator. But right as they were about to attack—

"—Itchy."

They all froze. Recognizing, the voice and who it belongs to.

"The very memory makes me itch. But maybe that's why my senses have grown so much keener, because my wounds are exposed to the air."

Next they knew, a ton of detonation devices were tossed over and spread around the floor. Brown eyes darken as the final piece to this nights event was recognized.

"I told you~ I'd come prepared to kill a Mach-20 monster. I have spare detonator remotes in case one is snatched away at high speed. Enough to press any one of them if I happen to collapse."