Chapter 18: Some Frights, Questions & Struggles

No One's POV

"A test of courage? Now?"

Nagisa questioned as the others gathered around.

"Yes! What better activity for a midsummer night?"

Koro-sensei expressed with a happy cheer, Kai-sensei also by his side with big grin.

"You two just want to have some fun."

The red head, Karma announced.

"Yup~!"

The fedora teacher responded without missing a beat.

The class watched as their shortest teacher innocently gazed at them with pureness that pulled at their heart strings.

'God! Kai-sensei's just too precious!'

"A test of courage? Could be fun!"

"Right."

"But I don't like scary stuff."

"No sweat! Koro Sensei'll be playing the ghosts, while Kai-sensei helps with the prepping."

"Yeah, I would have like to be a ghost too, but I lost to Koro-sensei on that."

Kai-sensei made what she thought was an irritated face but to the students looked more like a pout, which they secretly squealed at (Mainly the girls, but yeah, some boy too.)

But during this, they never realized the true purpose for this activity, in which their yellow teacher had planned for them.

...~...~...~...~...~ (Location: An Ocean Cavern.) ...~...~...~...~...~...

"Do you mind this kind of thing, Nagisa?"

"Well, scary stuff doesn't bother me, but I'm not much for jump scares. Koro-Sensei's so fast, we could be in trouble if he really meant to scare us."

Nagisa kept his flash light up as he talked with the greenette Kayano, taking the lead in front.

"It's Kai-sensei I'm most weary of."

"Kai-sensei? Why?"

Kayano gazed confusingly at the boys back.

"Well... Kai-sensei is kind and cares about us, but she also gives me this feeling that she can be pretty fearsome, especially with her knowledge of Magic Tricks. She could have possibly placed traps everywhere like that time with Terasaka-kun."

"Oh yeah, Kai-sensei loves her pranks, especially on Terasaka and Koro-sensei."

"From what she told me, it's because they give her the most amusing reactions to them, plus not all her pranks work on Koro-sensei, so it gives a kind of challenge."

The girl giggled at that, knowing that what the blue haired boy said was true.

They continued forward in short silence before hearing something.

Ba, Da, Da, Dan~

"Is that an Okinawa shamisen?"

Small blue flames lit up, one by one as the slow shadowy figure of Koro-sensei in costume stepped forward into the light.

"There he is!"

The two teens exclaimed.

"This is a blood-drenched cave of tragedy... where Ryukyu royalty, defeated in battle, met a violent end."

The octopus disappeared into darkness again.

"Is it really."

"He probably just made it up to make it feel more real."