JEALOUS MINDS THINK ALIKE

Taehyung was tossing and turning in his bed, thinking about the events of today. He still couldn't fully wrap his head around the fact that his girlfriend wasn't only his and had never been his to begin with. He had tried hating Jungkook but it was impossible after finding out just how kind the younger was and how he had been more than 3 years together with a cheater. He must've been in much more pain than him.

(a few hours before)

"We need a plan", the younger said again, his hand still clutched around the phone. Taehyung nodded, his chin leaning on his hand as he thought.

"We need to hurt her", Taehyung mumbled, the gears in his head turning, "Need to humiliate her like she humiliated us".

Jungkook chewed on his bottom lip, big eyes staring at Taehyung. He really couldn't think of a reason why Lottie hadn't broken up with him the minute she had started dating the older male in front of him. He was handsome and confident and everything Jungkook ever aspired but failed to be, "How do we do that?"

Taehyung pursed his lips, eyes narrowed as he stared at the table, "You're both seniors right?" The youngest nodded, fluffy black hair bouncing as he did so. "So there will be a graduation ceremony right?".

Jungkook's eyes widened at that, "You don't mean-"

"A ceremony where the whole school will be, her parents and friends included", Taehyung proceeded to speak, "Isn't she kind of popular?"

"I guess so yeah", Jungkook nodded, mouth dry at what the older was implying, "But isn't that a bit too much-"

Taehyung's phone started buzzing from inside of his pocket. He raised his eyebrow and fished it out, reading the message he had been sent.

"What did she call about?", the older asked, a grin appearing on his lips. Jungkook looked suspicious as he furrowed his eyebrows, "She asked if we could hang out. Why?"

"And what did you reply?"

The younger was really confused as he didn't get an straight answer from the other male, "I said I couldn't hang out today. Now will you tell me why you're acting so weird?"

"You wanted to say something about the graduation ceremony being too much right? Here", he slid the phone over to Jungkook, "Try to tell me that again after reading this".

It was a text from Lottie, multiple heart emojis interrupting the sentences.

Do u have time this evening babe? I don't have any plans xoxo

Jungkook gritted his teeth as his eyes flitted over the message. He didn't know what to think and his mind raced with various thoughts ranging from At least she called me first so he's second choice to Does this mean that every time I cancelled something she went to Taehyung?

Taehyung also now realized that he had always been the second option. He got texts like these a lot and now realized why she would always be so excited to see him. Her needs weren't easy to satisfy so she probably always came to him for sex whenever Jungkook wasn't able to hang out.

"So she goes running to me whenever you cancel", Taehyung hummed, grabbing his phone back before the younger burned holes in them with his glare, "It seems like that happens a lot".

Jungkook's head snapped up at those words, his glare still there, "I'm the captain of the baseball team and need to get grades high enough to be able to get into medical school so sometimes after school I'm not able to meet up with her. Does that mean I am a bad boyfriend? No. That just means I am tired and don't constantly want sex every goddamn day".

Taehyung chuckled at that, "Well, seems she got her needs satisfied be my every time you were tired. Still think she doesn't deserve to me humiliated?"

Jungkook's balled his hands into fists at those words, getting more upset the more Taehyung talked, "She's a bitch. Let's do it".

(back to present)

He had ignored Lottie's message because he could just use an excuse about having fallen asleep after writing an essay – which was something he did a lot. He didn't have the strength to deal with her and lie to her, though he had convinced Jungkook to do just that. But the younger lived next to her and saw her at school so he had to face her anyway. While Taehyung only saw her whenever she came over or if he came to pick her up.

He didn't understand how someone could cheat like that. The memory of Lottie telling him about how Jungkook was just a guy in her class who needed her help, was still fresh in his mind. The lie had slipped so easily out of her mouth. She had been talking about her three year long boyfriend but still acted like she didn't really knew him.

How bad was that?

Taehyung sighed and rolled over again, his face now planted into the pillow. He couldn't get any sleep whatsoever and he really needed to get up early in the morning to work on a project. Lottie was ruining a lot for him and she didn't even have a clue.

Well, that was part of their plan anyway. She would know just how much she ruined the both of them when they would be up on that stage, declaring all of her secrets to the whole school.

He couldn't wait to see the bitch cry.

As he imagined the whole room gasping and looking at a shocked Lottie, his phone went off. Taehyung closed his eyes in frustration, hoping it wasn't another call coming from his so called girlfriend.

But when he picked it up he was surprised at the person's name appearing on his screen. He had only just swapped numbers with the said person and hadn't thought he'd hear from him this soon.

With a lot of curiosity he accepted the call and held the phone to his ear.

"Jungkook?"

ALL THE SONG TITLES ARE FROM 'YOU ME AT SIX' SONGS IF U HADN'T NOTICED