BACK AGAIN

The dorm is barely lit as a tired Taehyung yawns from behind his laptop, sighing satisfied when he feels his shoulder joint pop. He has been busy all day, going from project to project until his eyes couldn't focus anymore and his head would hurt. His reading glasses which were round and had a slim rim, almost slipped off his nose as he rubbed his tired.

It was only 7 pm and his best friend would be visiting him to watch movies and eat pizza like they always did on Sundays. He really hoped he wouldn't fall asleep during the film with a piece of pizza stuffed in his mouth like last time.

His head snapped to the door as frantic knocking suddenly began to assault the wooden door. Jimin normally used a funny knocking sequence so Taehyung would know it was him. Or he'd just walk in, which was sometimes more a risk than anything.

Taehyung frowned as the knocking didn't subside. He stretched again when he stood up from the couch and went over to the door as the knocking almost went in sync with the pounding in his head.

"Jimin what the fuck-", his voice got stuck in his throat as he was met with a sight that definitely wasn't his best friend. Two people were at his door, which was a surprise as it was, but he also knew one of them and the frown deepened once he realized the familiar person had been crying.

"Hi", the unknown person spoke, his hand resting on the smaller's boy shoulder, "You probably don't know me but I'm Namjoon. My friend lives in the same building as you so I occasionally pass by here. I found your friend standing in the middle of campus, again, and brought him here. He seems really upset".

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but words failed to come out. He glanced from the tall guy to the smaller raven haired one who hadn't even spared him a glance yet. Jungkook merely sniffled and wrung his hands together, head down as he felt Namjoon's hand lay heavy on his shoulder.

He hadn't wanted to sound so desperate or look so pathetic. He had no idea what he was thinking by coming back to this place and being lost on campus once again, just to get found by Namjoon, yet again. The younger absolutely hated being in the spot that he was in now and he was too afraid to look anyone in the eye so he just stayed in front of the door with his head down.

"Thank you for bringing him here", Taehyung finally replied, "How did you know where I lived?"

"Jungkook here told me yesterday when I first met him. I brought him here because he had lost his way. Didn't think I'd run into him again this soon", Namjoon explained, pushing the silent boy a bit forward, "I'll be going now! See ya!"

Taehyung watched the tall man leave and as he disappeared out of sight, his eyes focused back on the silent younger. "Come on in", he said as he went inside his dorm, leaving the door open as an invitation.

He had no idea what the boy was doing back at his place, nor did he know the reason for the imminent sadness that he was radiating. As he made place on the couch for the boy to sit on, he could hear the door close and shoes being placed beside his own.

Jungkook awkwardly shuffled towards the couch, unsure of what to say or do as Taehyung kept rearranging the cushions and throwing things out of the couch. The coffee table was filled with different packets of snacks and bowls of milk that once held cornflakes.

"What's going on?", Taehyung asked once he made himself comfortable on the couch and motioned for the younger to sit as well.

Jungkook awkwardly sat down and began tugging at the hem of his sweater, "I- uh, nothing really". Taehyung didn't look convinced. The younger was shifting in place and his hands couldn't stop tugging and playing with his hoodie strings before going back to the hem of his sweater.

"So you came to the campus with red rimmed eyes just because?", the older spoke, acting casual. Jungkook's shifting really started to get on his nerves so he placed his hand on the younger's knee, trying to get him to stay in place.

It did work and Jungkook immediately fell silent at the big hand now resting on his knee, warmth spreading from it. "What's wrong?", Taehyung asked once again, applying a bit of pressure on Jungkook's knee as if to nudge him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know where else to go", Jungkook started to speak, his voice already rough from all the crying he did earlier, "I spent the day with Lottie and it was just like old times. I know it's pathetic but I had almost forgotten about what happened and I felt so happy being with her once again".

He stopped for a second, taking a deep breath when he felt the familiar strain in his throat. His eyes began to sting but there was no way out of this now. He had to push through.

"But then she told me she loved me and it's like I crashed back into reality". Another shaky breath followed and Jungkook suddenly became hyperaware of Taehyung's hand now stroking his knee in a soothing manner.

"She wanted me to stay the night but I couldn't, I just had to get away from her", Jungkook buried his face into his hands, unable to stop his facial expression from contorting into pain again. It stung his heart and it really hurt his head to think about Lottie's smiling face as she lied to him.

How could she love him when she was cheating on him with another man?

"I understand", Taehyung nodded, his hand still rubbing up and down the younger's leg in comforting motions, "You can stay here of course, I really don't mind".

He watched as the younger boy peeked from between his fingers and smiled, though his eyes were still red, "Thank you". Taehyung also noticed how tired Jungkook seemed as he was hunched over, arms trembling with having to hold his head up.

"Do you want to sleep for bit? You seem exhausted", the brown haired boy spoke, seeing Jungkook hesitate for a small bit before relaxing.

"Sleep sounds very nice", the boy spoke, removing his hands from his face, "I ran all the way here. Didn't want to wait for the bus to come".

Taehyung was shocked as he heard those words, knowing just how far his dorm was located from Lottie's house. Jungkook must've moved purely on adrenaline and was now feeling the after effects.

"You can take my bed if you want", Taehyung spoke, pointing at the open bedroom door, "I'll be here finishing my project if you need me".

Jungkook hesitated again, unsure if taking the older's bed was such a good idea. "You sure?"

"Yeah, of course, just sleep man", the older shook his head, a chuckle leaving his lips, "You look like you could fall into a heap any moment now". The younger didn't need any more motivation as he lifted himself off the couch and shuffled into the bedroom.

And as he dove headfirst into the bed, his body immediately relaxing against the soft sheets, his mind could only wonder why he smiled as he smelled the familiar scent of the older boy.