EX'S AND OH'S

It was a week after Jungkook had broken Taehyung's heart. And that week had passed slowly and painfully and Taehyung was sick of it. He had decided to go back to talk to Jungkook after having all of his messages ignored. He wasn't going to back down this easily. He needed to fight just one more time for them.

Taehyung was angrily knocking onto the front door of Jungkook's house, knowing the boy he had stupidly fallen for had to be somewhere inside. He wanted- no he needed to talk to him and if he wasn't going to come to him with answers, than Taehyung was coming to him.

The heavy knocking on the front door could be heard throughout the whole house. Jungkook was locked up inside of his room, knees brought up to his chest as he cried, fat tears rolling down his cheeks down to his chin until they stained the bedsheets.

He felt horrible. It was unfair to Taehyung but he couldn't run back into his arms, as much as he liked to do just that. So he stayed wrapped up in his bed sheet, wallowing in sadness as he heard the knocking slowly subside.

Taehyung's effort was beginning to falter and sadness swept across his face when he realized Jungkook was really ignoring him. His parents didn't seem home as well and so he was left on the doorstep, tears beginning to form in his eyes. He heard the footsteps behind him, just like he had heard the front door of the house next door open two minutes ago. But he couldn't care less. He only wanted to see one person and she was not the one.

"I thought so". Her voice didn't sound impressed and Taehyung knew, even from having his back turned to her, that she was probably smiling. His shoulders drooped when he decided to give up on assaulting the door and he finally turned around.

"You thought what?", he asked, voice completely emotionless as he stared at Lottie.

"I knew Jungkook was seeing someone behind my back. I've had my suspicions for a while now". She sounded quite proud of that fact and Taehyung had to let out a dry chuckle because of that.

"Of course you had", he spoke, "You're an expert at going around people's backs aren't you?"

"I still haven't broken up with you, have I?", Lottie hummed, completely ignoring his question, dropping her crossed arms, "I didn't want to do it but I'll be going to college in France next year so there's really no reason to have you on the side".

Taehyung let out a snort, wishing she disappeared to France already. Everything had been perfect ever since she left for Europe. "Was that what I always was to you? A side boyfriend?"

"Oh no I really liked you", she shook her head, her voice surprisingly genuine, "Just not as much as Jungkook. But he got busier and I felt neglected".

Taehyung wanted to laugh in her face but on the other hand he felt like breaking down into tears on the spot. So he stayed stoic, hands balling into fists. "So you thought, why not become a cheating bitch and break two people's hearts at the same time?"

"Not quite", Lottie hummed, swirling a strand of her hair around her finger in thought, "But I can see how that's your vision of me".

She didn't seem bothered at all with the situation which aggravated him even more. They had been supposed to uncover her lies in front of everyone at graduation so they could finally wipe that damn smirk off her face. But here she was, winning again.

Instead of making Lottie lose everything, Taehyung had lost everything. And the mere thought of it made him bite back a sob. "What do you want Lottie?"

"Just wanted to confirm my suspicion", she shrugged before going over to the door and giving it a signature knock. Taehyung stared at the door with puzzlement, wondering why she knocked on the door and was staring there as if she knew it was going to open.

"I'm breaking up with you by the way", she said as she looked down to inspect her nails, "Don't want Jungkookie to think I'm still unfaithful".

Not even a minute later the door was opened by Jungkook. The boy looked as awful as Taehyung was feeling. He wore grey sweatpants and a shirt that Taehyung painfully recognized as his own. Jungkook stared at him with red rimmed eyes before he quickly avoided any eye contact, both boys feeling the sharp tension in the air. Silently he let Lottie step inside before disappearing again, leaving Lottie to close the door.

"Poor Taehyung", she hummed, "You look at him the same way he looks at me – with love".

And with that she closed the door in his face, leaving him back to cry on the doorstep.

A bit of a short but emotional chapter