SAFER TO HATE HER

Jungkook hesitated as he stood in front of the big building that was crawling with college students. He felt so out of place and wondered if anyone noticed just how nervous he was. The boy didn't look any younger than the others that passed him, but he sure felt like it.

Students were laughing and talking, carrying a few books as they went from class to class. It was around 8 pm but everyone was still up and about. Some people had found benches to study on and were swapping information about the upcoming tests. It felt like a whole other world than the one he was used to in high school.

Taehyung had given him instructions on how to find his dorm, which wasn't as easily found as he thought it would be. There were multiple buildings and hundreds of rooms and everything looked the same.

"You look lost".

Jungkook almost jumped ten feet into the air at the sudden voice. He flinched and heard someone chuckling. Once he got over the shock he turned to the person, though he had to look up from being smaller.

"Sorry to scare you man", a tall male with dimples smiled, "You looked really lost though".

"I am lost", Jungkook replied, fiddling with one of the straps of his backpack that contained clothes and books, "I'm looking for a friend".

The tall man tilted his head to the side, "So it's your first time here, yeah? You're not a college student?"

"I'm still in high school", Jungkook explained, "Last year".

"Ah, I understand. Well, I can help you find your friend if you want", the older smiled, his dimples popping, "I'm Namjoon by the way".

Jungkook smiled, relieved someone offered him some help. He would've never been able to ask someone for help with the confidence he lacked. "Thank you. And I'm Jungkook".

He was led to one of the buildings once he showed the instructions he had gotten from Taehyung. Namjoon had hummed in thought and turned around, "I have a friend who lives on the same floor so I think I'll know where to go".

So now they were climbing the stairs as Namjoon was telling Jungkook all about his major in college and what he was working on. The younger honestly didn't get quite a lot from what he was saying since most of it was about linguistics and that was something he had never been interested in.

Jungkook was more of a science freak and barely passed his language classes with the tutoring he got. He was glad that once he'd graduate from high school he could focus on things he liked.

"Here it is", Namjoon finally said, stopping in front of a door, "Well, I hope it is".

Jungkook said his thanks and watched the older leave, telling him to stop by again. The younger turned back to the door once the older had left and sighed. He hesitantly raised his fist and knocked on the door, hoping this was Taehyung's dorm or else he'd be fucked.

"Ah, you're finally here".

The door opened to a tired looking Taehyung wearing sweats and a large sweater. He had round framed glasses on, which surprised Jungkook, and his hair was all over the place.

"Were you sleeping?", Jungkook asked, feeling like he was intruding even though he had called Taehyung before coming.

The older yawned and nodded, "Yeah. I've had trouble sleeping because finals are coming up and stuff. So I sometimes fall asleep at random times when I'm in the middle of studying". He invited the younger in and closed the door behind him.

"Sorry to wake you", Jungkook said as he stepped out of his shoes and neatly placed them next to the others. He took a glance around the room, curious to find out how college dorms looked like.

It was bigger than he had expected, though it wasn't as decorated as he hoped it would be. Taehyung seemed like a simple guy who didn't like too much stuff in his room.

"It's okay", Taehyung replied as he took a seat on the couch he had fallen asleep on while researching something, "I shouldn't sleep during the day any way. I still have things to do".

"You sure I'm not bothering you?", the younger asked, placing his backpack on the little dining table. He had brought some books so he could study and a set of fresh clothes since he was sleeping over.

Taehyung shook his head, his fingers typing away on the laptop, "No, it's for a good cause. We can't let our plan fail the same day we made it".

"I'm sorry I couldn't go anywhere else", Jungkook rubbed his foot against the soft carpet, "Lottie knows all of my friends and would find out if I just stayed home".

"Stop apologizing", the older sighed, turning to look at the boy, "It's for the sake of our plan so really, it's fine that you're staying over".

Jungkook merely nodded and saw Taehyung look away, back to his screen where a word document was displayed. "I brought my homework so I wouldn't be bothering you too much while you work. Is it okay if I sit here?"

"Sure".

The high school boy to a seat at the kitchen table, getting out the books he needed for his math homework that was due on Monday. He was glad it was Friday so he wouldn't have to face Lottie the next day.

The hours ticked by as Jungkook finished his homework and began studying for the chemistry test he had on Wednesday. There had always been one thing he was good at and that was focusing. Once he started something, he had to finish it. So by the time he got tired from remembering formulas and looked at the time, he realized it had already turned midnight.

A yawn broke through and he rubbed his eyes to stay awake. He had almost forgotten about Taehyung and when he turned to him he realized why. The boy had fallen asleep on the couch, laptop on his lap and face into a pillow.

He didn't want to wake him because he remembered Taehyung telling him about how tired he was but he wasn't comfortable with letting him sleep on the couch either. If the older was sleeping on the couch, the same one he was supposed to sleep on, it meant that he had to take the bed, which was something he definitely wasn't comfortable with.

So he contemplated his options and finally decided to walk over to the couch and awkwardly scoop Taehyung into his arms. Jungkook frowned once he noticed what a light weight the older was, knowing that even though he was quite strong, Taehyung shouldn't be that easy to carry.

He walked around the dorm and opened a door which he hoped led to some kind of bedroom. The first door he opened though, was that to the bathroom and the second one he opened was filled with cleaning products and a washing machine.

Finally he found the door to the bedroom and sighed in relief when he could finally lay down the older. He wondered if he should tuck him in but then quickly decided against it. That sounded kind of gay to do and he really didn't want to get kicked out by Taehyung in the morning.

So he left the sleeping boy and closed the door, before making his way to the couch and falling down. The warmth Taehyung had left was still there and when Jungkook closed his eyes he knew he'd be asleep soon.

TBH YOU ME AT SIX' ALBUM 'HOLD ME DOWN' PERFECTLY DISPLAYS ALL OF JUNGKOOK AND TAEHYUNG'S FEELINGS TOWARDS LOTTIE LMAO