ILYH

"I can't believe you didn't tell me that you had a boyfriend, I thought we told each other everything, Dipper." Mabel had been scolding him for the whole day after Bill had left. Dipper thought that the day after his sisters scolding would be better, but here he was a day after and still being scolded.

"I'm sorry, it's just a really strange relationship and I don't quite understand what's going on myself." While Dipper didn't necessarily lie, he didn't explain the full truth which was that he was now apparently dating Bill Cipher who was somehow human now.

Mabel sat on the bed beside Dipper, "Either way, I'm happy for you. You haven't been in a relationship for years and I'm glad that you're getting out there," She sounded more serious than normal, "and if he has a brother, let me know."

"There it is." Dipper laughed, Mabel soon joining in. The twins laughed like they did when they were kids.

"Mabel, your friends are here. Dipper, there's a weird note for you." Grunkle Stan called out. Having an idea of what they note could be and who it could be from, Dipper rushed down to the Living Room where Stan was calling them from.

"You've got some weird friends if they're sending notes to you like this. All I can understand is your name." Dipper took the obviously coded note, scanning it over to see if it matched the writing from the other notes he'd gotten from the demon.

"Is it a code?" Dipper knew that if anyone could figure out the code aside from himself, it was Grunkle Ford. He looked up at his great-uncle, pushing the code against his chest, so he couldn't get a glance.

"Uh, ya. One of my friends and I always speak in our code, it's just our thing." Mabel peaked out from around the corner, her smile wide.

"Is it William?" Dipper thought about who William was, the name not being familiar until he remembered Bill had told Mabel William was his full name as a way to take away any suspicions.

"Oh, ya." Both his Grunkle's were now confused about both the code and William, who they'd never met, at least, they thought they hadn't.

"Who's William?" It was Grunkle Stan.

"Why does he write in code?" Grunkle Ford followed in the questioning as well.

"That's his boyfriend." Now everyone was shocked for a different reason, Mabel was the only one who knew Dipper was gay.

Stan was the first to speak, "Look, I'm fine with you having a boyfriend but I'm still confused about him writing in code."

Dipper chuckled to hide his nervousness, "Alright, I'm going upstairs. I have plans with William today." He stumbled on the new name but left before anyone had a chance to comment on it.

As soon as he got upstairs he looked at the note. It was obviously a Caesar Shift, likely the same combination as the last note he had gotten from the demon before.

Frph wr wkh iruhvw zkhuh wkh jqrphv olyh.

After decoding the cipher, Dipper grabbed his things and left the shack not explaining anything to everyone else, he thought it would be easier to once things calmed down, and once he had an idea of what was going on.

"Bill?" Dipper looked around, he didn't see the demon, but he knew he was here. He had a feeling in his stomach, it wasn't anger at the demon like he used to have, it wasn't fear, it was nervousness but not for a bad reason. He was excited to see the demon, that's what made him nervous. The feelings he was having whenever he saw Bill was what he thought he felt for Wendy all those years ago. What he'd felt on various boys when he realized he was gay. It was attraction, he had feelings for the demon and that's what scared him.

"Pinetree, you showed up after all." Dipper was shocked at what the demon was wearing. It wasn't the suit he'd seen him wearing yesterday, it was a yellow T-shirt with black ripped jeans and black converse to go with it. The demon was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Bill," Dipper composed himself, "why did you tell me to come here?"

Bill laughed his signature laugh and uncrossed his arms, walking closer to the Pines twin, "Well, I guess I'll cut to the point. I want to make a deal with you."

"Nope. Not happening. I've seen too many people who made deals with you get hurt or have their end of the deal come out all twisted." Dipper shook his head.

"That was the old me, I've changed." Bill whined, "Plus, something's coming and until I can change back to my regular self, I don't want to use too much of my power messing with people."

Dipper tilted his head, "What do you mean? You can't get back to your regular self? And what do you mean something's coming?"

"Woah, slow down, Pinetree. One question at a time." Bill patted Dipper's head, "For your first question, as of currently I can only be this form because I only had enough energy from your dreams to manifest into this form."
Bill shrugged his shoulder as he explained himself as if it was something everyone should have been able to understand without explanation.

"Okay, what do you mean something's coming?" Dipper thought about his family, wondering if they'd be able to protect themselves and the town against something bad enough that even Bill Cipher seemed worried about.

"The other demons from my world. When I didn't return to my world after I tried to take over this one they got angry. My world was dead and had nothing left to give, I promised them this one but now they're coming to get it. I can't defend against them alone, which is why I wanted to make a deal."

"You think that I'd be able to defend against them even if you, an all-powerful-demon can't?" Dipper looked at Bill as if he were crazy, which he likely was.

"You didn't let me finish, Pinetree." Bill groaned, "If you help me, I'll protect you and this town with some powers I still have. It's our best shot at saving ourselves and your family."

Dipper thought about it, Bill did seem really concerned, and he was right. Making this deal was the only chance he had of surviving a second apocalypse.

"Fine. I help you and you keep my family safe." Dipper held his hand out, going against his promise to himself about never making a deal with the demon.

"Deal." Bill's hand got the familiar blue flames, his smile growing as he shook Dipper's hand. His smile put some comfort into Dipper, rather than a smile that showed trickery and mischief, this smile looked hopeful and full of promise. Seeing the smile, Dipper couldn't help but wonder if the demon had in fact changed.